LGBT representations and images?

Is there enough to LGBT representations at the Disney Parks?

• Yes

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • No

Votes: 31 81.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
That would be awesome. But, unfortunately I don't see it happening. At best, as outdated as sub textual representation is and despite the fact that it raises serious issues about queer baiting, I'm hopeful that Elsa could be given a female advisor / right hand woman who (VERY) closely assists Elsa in running Arendelle. They could be shown together at various moments, including having breakfast together, and Elsa could openly proclaim that she couldn't imagine life without her female companion. So, it would be very much in the tradition of the relationship between Xena and Gabrielle with a heavy implication that there is more to the relationship than just a queen and her royal advisor.

I imagine that subtext is probably the way they'll go (especially on the "maiden voyage" so to speak), but some people would say, I guess, that they already did the subtext thing in Frozen. But thinking about it, that assumption is offensive to me, too... that an independent woman with no love interest in the story MUST be a lesbian is offensively presumptive to me both as a strong, assertive woman AND a lesbian.

I do like the idea of that "advisor" though. And I do agree that when Disney decides to do its first gay main characters, they will probably present them as closer-than-close friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter