LHR to DLP

beachbunny

DIS Veteran
I'm planning a September trip to London (and DLP) and I seriously need help.

I will be arriving at LHR at 1:30 p.m. on a weekday. If I want to continue on to DLP that day, would it be easier to catch a flight to CDG and then catch a local train to DLP (and are there trains directly from CDG to DLP?). OR would it be easier to catch the Heathrow Express into London and then catch the Eurostar to DLP?

Also, does Eurostar to DLP run all day long? For example, could I catch a 4 p.m. train out of Waterloo direct to DLP? Or would I have to catch Eurostar to Paris and then transfer to a local train anyway?

I'm trying to avoid any transfers in France because I speak absolutely no French (five other languages, but alas, no French) and am terrified of getting lost. Also, having travelled half-way around the world, I will be very tired - but not tired enough to waste a day sleeping it off at a hotel near LHR - so simple is good.

I'd have thought since you are in Heathrow, it would be easier to get flight to CDG rather than transfer to Eurostar.
From CDG you have the options of TGV, RER, VEA shuttle or my preferred favourite Silvershuttle http://www.silvershuttle.biz/index_en.php?Act=Intro
driver will meet you at arrivals and take you straight to the Park/Hotel.

Reid

I think my inclination would be to get a flight from LHR as you will be there anyway. I think this will be quicker than getting the Heathrow Express into Paddington, and then having to go across London to Waterloo for the Eurostar.

Also I thinkyou would have to change at Lille to get to DLP as I don't believe there are any direct trains at the time you are due to arrive. So you are probably looking at 5 hours minimum to get from LHR to DLP, bearing in mind you'll have to kill some time at Lille.

I would think, hop on a plane from LHR to Charles de Gaulle. Then pick up the train from CDG to Marne La Vallee (the DLP station).

Hope that helps a little.

Sorry, posted at the same time as Reid.

Miffy2003 great minds think alike :flower:
Nice to see we had similar thoughts ;)

Reid

Thank you Cyrano and Miffy. I have been too focused on thinking the only way to get to DLP is Eurostar. Then I slapped myself on the forehead and said, wait! I can also catch a flight. Looks like air travel may be the way to go. I had wanted to experience Eurostar though. Maybe another time.

Follow-up question: Aside from British Midland are there other discount airlines I should check out?

Easyjet and Ryanair dont fly into CDG. BMI is your only choice besides the majors like BA and Air France. If you havent bought your plane ticket to England yet you may want to price it all the way to France. It might cost you no more or even less.

Actually I will point out that Easyjet does now fly into CDG, although just not from Heathrow (only from Luton).

So yes, British Airways, Air France and British Midland are your only direct options. And looking at the prices right now, they all seem to be matching each other, so no matter which you choose you should get a good deal.

Thank you for the airline information.

I've already got my ticket across the Atlantic - on United Airlines. Since BA and United code share I think I'll check out their prices. That way, I may be able to check my bags through all the way to Paris from the U.S.

beachbunny said:
Thank you for the airline information.

I've already got my ticket across the Atlantic - on United Airlines. Since BA and United code share I think I'll check out their prices. That way, I may be able to check my bags through all the way to Paris from the U.S.

Hmmmm... Sorry beachbunny, but BA and AA are part of the One World Alliance, UA and bmi are part of the Star Alliance, and Air France belongs to SkyTeam. bmi may be the best option..... usually cheaper than BA. I prefer them over BA.

It may be worth looking into the Eurostar, it all depends on the timing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter