• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Liberty Tree Tavern Questions

NALA 24

Mouseketeer
I just made PS arrangements for the character dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern and I have a couple of questions. Is the family style dinner the same for both the adults and children? What is usually included and how is it served? Do they refill the family style serving dishes? Should we order extras like appetizers, special deserts, etc..?
When chosing our character meal, it was between Chef Mickey's and the Liberty Tree Tavern. Did we make the correct choice?:confused:

Hi Nala -

The dinner is family style for adults and children. There are no appetizers available to order, but they do bring you bread and salad. You can order dessert, though.

Hope this helps!

Erin :D

LTT is one of my very fav places so yes you did make a good choice. It's more low-key compared to Chef Mickey's but what I like is the atmosphere of this restaurant. The salad dressing is excellent! If you order dessert you can get a sundae in a LTT mug and ypu get a clean mug to take home. Enjoy.:)

Yep..food is the same for adults and children...potatoes, turkey, mac and cheese, etc. You can see the menu on wdwig.com

They will bring you more of whatever you want..all you have to do is ask.

I believe one dessert is included..or none..and you can pay extra if you want.

The real treat...is to go to LTT for lunch..the menu is fantastic!

Enjoy!

I actually like the looks of the lunch menu better on allears.net. Does anyone know how late they serve lunch?

We like the LTT dinner much better that CM. The food and character interatction were great. The service was just ok but better than CM:( . The food is good and hot and they will bring all your want. Apple cobbler with ice cream comes with the meal and is wonderful. I was able to get my DS a bowl of plain ice cream though the waitress was not too happy about doing that.:confused: . We truly enjoy this meal and it has become our favorite character meal.

Jordans' mom

I'm pretty sure LTT serves off the lunch menu if you are seated before 4 pm. From 4 pm, it's dinner. And don't forget, lunch is not a character meal.

And as for choosing between Chef Mickey's and LTT, it really depends on what you are looking for. We usually do both, as they are VERY different. Chef Mickey's is a buffet, and lots of loud fun. LTT is family style (just ask for seconds/thirds and they bring them out, no problem) and much more sedate. The characters for each meal are dressed appropriately, either as 'chefs' or in 'colonial garb'. I used to think younger kids (10 and under) liked Chef Mickey's better, but my kids (now 14 and 11) still love Chef Mickey's but won't do without LTT either. I think I've created a couple of Disney character meal fanatics....

In the end, if I just had to choose one, I'd go for LTT (much more relaxing). And I just asked DS (the 11-yr-old) and he said go for LTT. Just loved Goofy with his big clopping feet!

Thanks for all the great information. I can't wait to try LTT.
I am also trying Hollywood and Vine for the first time this year as part of a Fantasmic Dinner Package. Has anyone done this and was the experience good?:flower1:

Originally posted by NALA 24
Thanks for all the great information. I can't wait to try LTT.
I am also trying Hollywood and Vine for the first time this year as part of a Fantasmic Dinner Package. Has anyone done this and was the experience good?:flower1:
Good experiences at both places. Absolutely love LTT. We go there every trip. We really enjoyed Hollywood and Vine as well, and if ever in MGM again, will return there. Excellent food at both places, and nice atmospheres.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter