Lids/Straws

30 yrs ago I used to have to calibrate the syrup daily at McDonalds by adjusting the screws at the fountains where it came out. They were so precise about how they needed to be set. Our soda came in big metal tanks then. I don’t remember it being specifically refrigerated or anything - the tanks were typically in the basements back then. Supposedly the diameter of their straws is a factor in their coke tasting better.

For some reason, McDonalds of all places has the best tasting Coke. I read that it's because they chill the syrup before putting it into the dispenser or something??

I’ve read that too and also that they chill the seltzer before mixing it with the syrup. It really is the best fountain soda.

I am happy to report that the demise of plastic straws and free plastic shopping bags were greatly exaggerated. I was at the Magic Kingdom a couple of days ago, and straws were freely accessible in the typical guest accessible plastic straw dispensers. Also present was the beautiful, glorious, free plastic shopping bags..

I also notice that the larger plastic shopping bags now have an additional handle instead of the oval holes it the top like the smaller bags have. Very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter