Life as a Spectator for the Princess 10K?

Disney1992

Mouseketeer
My sister is running in her very first Disney Event, the Princess 10K. I will be tagging along to cheer her on. Can someone enlighten me as to what to expect as a spectator? Since it's just the two of us, I was going to take the bus with her in the morning. I know I will be there super early.

Since she's running the 10K, it doesn't appear that I can be in Epcot to cheer her as she goes through, so I'll be outside. Are there areas where you can sit and take a break while waiting? Activities or other things to check out while she's running? Is it hard to meet up afterwards?

Sorry for all the questions, trying to get a handle on what to expect.

Thank You!

If the course is the same as last year, they run around the Boardwalk resort area - a complete circle around the lake - and you can watch from there pretty easily. My aunt, nephews and I ran the 10K last year and we were staying on the Boardwalk (DVC) so our family just stepped out onto the balcony when we went by!

My sister is running in her very first Disney Event, the Princess 10K. I will be tagging along to cheer her on. Can someone enlighten me as to what to expect as a spectator? Since it's just the two of us, I was going to take the bus with her in the morning. I know I will be there super early.

Since she's running the 10K, it doesn't appear that I can be in Epcot to cheer her as she goes through, so I'll be outside. Are there areas where you can sit and take a break while waiting? Activities or other things to check out while she's running? Is it hard to meet up afterwards?

Sorry for all the questions, trying to get a handle on what to expect.

Thank You!

So glad you posted this. I am going to follow your post. I am in the same situation as you. My sister is running and I am joining her on the trip to support/cheer but I want to see her go by at some point. Hopefully you will get some good insight from folks who have done this before.

If the course is the same as last year, they run around the Boardwalk resort area - a complete circle around the lake - and you can watch from there pretty easily. My aunt, nephews and I ran the 10K last year and we were staying on the Boardwalk (DVC) so our family just stepped out onto the balcony when we went by!

When you say around the lake does that mean they would also be going past beach/Yacht Club on the opposite side?

I would definitely agree that the boardwalk area either at Beach/Yacht Club or Boardwalk itself. They don't go down towards Swan and Dolphin if it's the same route so I would stay away from there. Here's last year's event guide which contains a course map. Since Epcot won't be open that early and roads will be closed the best place is around the boardwalk.

When you say around the lake does that mean they would also be going past beach/Yacht Club on the opposite side?

Yes, again, IF the course is the same (which it isn't always), this year we came out of Epcot at the World Showcase gate, went over the bridge by ESPN, past the Boardwalk, across the bridge by the Swan/Dolphin (but not in front of those resorts), past Yacht Club, Beach Club and then back over the bridge and back into Epcot to the left of the World Showcase gate.

In addition to people out on their balconies, there were spectators along the boardwalk on the resort side of the path in front of ESPN, all the stores on the Boardwalk and all the resorts. I don't think spectators were allowed on the bridges or on the water side of the Boardwalk itself.

Thanks everyone! I'm beginning to second guess our resort choice. It sounds like Boardwalk or one of the Clubs might be the better choice. We're at the Poly right now.

Animus, thanks so much for the map and guide from last year. That is very helpful. Do you remember when it was available last year?

Can anyone give me an idea of how crazy the meet up area is afterwards? If we don't switch resorts, trying to figure out how to get from the viewing area to end at Epcot Entrance. It sounds like traffic is a nightmare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter