Life is a (Magical) Highway 10/21-10/29: BFF Reunions, MNSSHP, & F&W Festival!

disneydreamkate

DIS Veteran
Welcome to my first attempt at a PTR! This will be my fourth trip to WDW in four years. Our first trip as a family was in 2008 and both my husband and I were immediately hooked. :thumbsup2 At that time, this board provided me with invaluable information that made our trip so incredible! So magical! So amazing! This sent me careening right down the rabbit hole of constant planning. Yes, I am one of "those people" (I am sure many of you know "those people" very, very well :rotfl2:) who is always planning a WDW trip. If fact, I usually begin to mentally prepare my next trip during my trips. So, I began planning this trip on paper in May, when I decided I wanted to celebrate my birthday in the World at the Food & Wine Festival. Lucky for my family, I was kind enough to want to drag them along. ;)

Our cast of characters? Here we are!

The girls:
22674_329339508293_807233293_4830616_6805329_n.jpg

Me and my princess:
Me: Will be celebrating my 12th anniversary of turning 29 in October. :laughing: I am an obsessive planner, resort changer, ADR changer, and handle every.single.aspect of our trips! I am a vegetarian and much of my planning revolves around where we want to eat.
DD (aka Nibs): 14 going on-well 30? :eek: I love this girl! We are so close and she is just amazing! She is looking forward to Pick a Pearl in EP, which is a tradition for us. She takes French in school (which she loves), so we will obviously be eating in France. She is a picky eater, but starting to slowly try more things. I definitely am not a mom who will plan around what she likes though. I figure if she gets hungry enough she will find something. :laughing:
Things we both love: Peter Pan at MK & EP

The boys:
181088_10150168718913294_807233293_8525959_3846991_n.jpg

DH: 40something. Probably loves WDW more than the kids and me. :rolleyes1 Okay, well that's what he says anyway! :rolleyes1 He loves that I take care of all the leg work and can just go and have his itinerary all planned out. He is always very happy with what I have planned, and for the most part does not interfere with his opinion. :rotfl: Seriously though, he is so content just being there. He never has to worry about meals, missing his favorites at the parks, etc. He is also a vegetarian. His favorite attractions include POTC at MK at Dinosaur at AK.
DS (aka lil' Jedi): He is 5 and two of his favorite activities at the World include swimming and Simba's Cubhouse! :lmao: His one request for our next trip is to do the Jedi Training again. He is also a vegetarian, with a very "adult" palate.

Thanks for joining me! I am going to try to figure out how to link my pages with the chapters here on the first page!

Okay, so our itinerary has already changed quite a bit because of FD, black out dates, and Howard Jones (yes, I am planning my trip, in part, around the appearance of Howard Jones at Eat to the Beat. I will be crushed if something changes and he ends up not performing). But, I digress! We are driving down this trip and renting a car. The first time ever for me renting one! :woohoo:

10/20: We will leave BFLO as soon as the kids are out of school. In fact, I plan on packing, napping, picking them up and leaving directly from there, I hope to make it a good 10 hours!
10/21: Arrive in WDW! We are going to do a RO at WL the first two days if (and only if) a RO discount comes up soon! I am banking on this. :lmao: So, our first night I plan on relaxing, eating CS at the resort, watching the Water Parade from the beach (we have never seen it), then some late night swimming if it's warm enough.
10/22 MK all day. Dinner at Artist Point and boat ride to FW for the Haunted Carriage ride!
10/23 EP and check into FQ. Eat to the Beat with Howard Jones. Sooo excited about this!
10/24 DHS all day. Get settled at POFQ
10/25 MK and dinner at California Grill
10/26 AK and Boma for dinner
10/27 EP with our BFFs who live in Florida! They will be meeting us in the afternoon in WS. Dinner still TBD
10/28 Open morning so my DD and BFF DD (also BFFs :laughing:) can decide on what they want to do. DH will most likely hang back at the resort with DS so that he will be well rested for MNSSHP that evening. Dinner at Crystal Palace at 4:00pm
10/29 Half day at a park...probably EP, but not sure yet. :confused3 Leave mid afternoon to start our long drive home. :sad1:

No matter how many changes I make, or trips I plan (imaginary or otherwise) it just never seems like enough time! This will actually be our longest trip and it still seems short to me! Oh well, more things to look forward to on a future trip. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter