Light-up Toys for Toddlers--Suggestions?

Peony P.

Earning My Ears
Anyone have some suggestions for toddler-safe light-up toys to bring with us for after dark in the parks? Some of the suggestions that I've seen on blogs have small parts that look dangerous for a toddler who still puts things in his mouth.

The Halloween section of Target usually has some good like up toys where all of the spinning and light up parts are contained in a plastic sphere. They are pretty safe as long as they don't crack from being repeatedly banged against concrete.

My kids did fine with standard glow sticks necklaces and bracelets as toddlers, though they never put them in their mouths. Plenty of places sell plastic battery-operated toys that light up when you push a button and the battery casing is screwed shut. I've seen those at Walmart, Target, Party City, the Disney Store, on Amazon, etc. I've also seen plastic light sticks that change color when you press a button at Dollar Tree. My kids (including a toddler at the time) also liked the light up straw clips that you can purchase with a kids drink at the restaurants at Disney, though they are a little pricey. You can also find character flashlights at Walgreens that have images with characters that you slide in and it then projects the character. My toddler had fun projecting the images onto the ground.

I just bought a 50 pack of glow sticks. My toddler loves bracelets so I think she will wear them when we go. Also..I know the liquid inside stains but it is not posionous if slightly ingested. (High schools like to puts things in their months as much as toddlers...lol).

My girls had some glow necklaces and bracelets which cracked. Also, I was afraid of the little piece that clasps the necklace closed. We threw them out as soon as the first one broke.

I did get some plastic light up/spinny mickey head pumpkins at walgreens of all places about a month ago. They've been thrown, dropped, kicked and they still work with no broken pieces.

(ETA - my girls are 2)

Been getting a glow assortment from Oriental Trading for years with no issues. Keep in mind there is a warning for children under 3.
The glowsticks work nicely for decorating a stroller or bicycle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter