Lightspeed ahead to a healthier you! April 2016 WISH challenge... all are welcome!

pjlla

DIS Veteran
sw.jpg

Hello and :welcome: to this month’s WISH Challenge.
I’m Pamela (pjlla), and I’ll be your hostess for this April challenge! One quick "legal" bit I'm required to state.... I am a WW employee. This challenge is unrelated to my job at WW and anything I say is purely my own comment and opinion!

This challenge officially starts on April 1st, but if you find us later in the month, we’re still happy to have you join!

Our returning faces know the drill, but for those of you who are new to the WISH Challenge, here’s a short overview of what we’re all about:

WISH stands for “We’re Inspired to Stay Healthy,” and that’s what we’re all about – living a healthy lifestyle. Whether you’re trying to lose some weight, trying to maintain your current weight, or trying to introduce some new healthy habits into your life (or stick to healthy habits you’ve already introduced), we’re here to help and support you.

Your participation level is up to you! If you've got the time, feel free to answer each and every QOTD and participate in the chatter! Less time? Pop on when you can to ask questions, share NSVs, etc!

All you have to do is pick a goal for the month, and report in once a week to let us know how you’re doing. We’ll also have questions of the day, WooHoo Wednesdays, and weekly challenges … and we’re always here to chat, support you when you need some help, and celebrate with you when you’re doing awesome! We’ll have questions of the day to talk about, weekly challenges, and some other fun things going on … but all of that is optional. The only mandatory thing is committing to a healthy lifestyle, and letting us help you along the way!

Just a quick reminder about how things work with our monthly WISH challenges.

Your goal is UP TO YOU! Whether you pick a goal of miles walked, pounds lost, percentage lost or days tracked.... however you choose to measure your success, that is up to you. Just pick a goal, make a PLAN to reach that goal, share that information with us and then report your weekly progress (as a percentage) toward that goal.

REPORTING SCHEDULE:
4/1 (Starting numbers/goals)
4/8
4/15
4/22
4/29 (FINAL RESULTS)

Results will be reported in percentages here but no specific numbers (pounds or miles or whatever) will be reported unless you choose to do so.

1 – 10%

11 – 20%

21 – 30%

31 – 40%

41 – 50%

51 – 60%

61 – 70%

71 – 80%

81 – 90%

91 – 99%

100 %

I will accept progress results every Friday-Sunday and PLAN to have the results updated by Monday evenings.

I hope that this format will encourage some great discussions about weight loss, maintaining, diet, exercise and healthy living! But as always, feel free to participate as much or as little as you would like.... but remember, the more you put in, the more you'll get out.

Welcome to returning friends, newbies, and anyone/everyone who would like to chat about weight loss, weight maintenance, exercise, and anything related! No rules here EXCEPT to be kind and supportive of each other! No negative energy allowed!

We talk about calories, Weight Watchers, low-carb, SparkPeople, MFP, Fitbits, Jawbones, marathon training, walking, recipes, vitamins, meal planning, smoothies, juicing, motivation, YOU NAME IT!! No positive/healthy talk is off limits!

Please consider inviting a friend (either a RL friend or a Disboard friend) to join us. They don't have to LOVE Disney or Star Wars like we do (but it helps). They only need to want to make healthier lifestyle choices!...............P

Last edited:
Future hosts:

May – December 2015: ??

WISH INSTAGRAM user names:

pjlla - wearemom22

courtneybeth - courtneybeth83

JacknSally - @craftiest_place_on_earth

Zoesmama03 - shuttermagik

Last edited:
9519f31268584585443635a4d5996dd8.jpg

Are you ready to join us for a great month of health, weight loss, exercise, chatter, friendship, Disney, Star Wars, and support? Then plan to save a seat RIGHT NOW (I think there is space next to Chewie!!)!! Grab your moving buddy (Han is mine), bring along your protocol droid (just in case), pack your favorite lightsaber and be ready to jump to lightspeed first thing tomorrow!

Last edited:

I'm in for another month! Super excited for this theme!

giphy.gif

Edit: instagram - courtneybeth83

Last edited:

I am in! Not sure what to make my goal this month. I usually do km but I am away for 9 days and will have to look and see if I can calculate a good goal that will push me but not make it impossible to reach. I am hoping not to gain weight on my trip. Actually a little nervous to be away from these boards, MFP and my fitbit app. I can still use my fitbit for steps but I won't have any internet to do more with it. Spending one night at AKL before going on our second Disney cruise. I have one week to kick some butt before I leave. Thank you @pjlla for hosting and Starwars makes me smile since my middle child is a big fan. I have saved seeing the new movie for the ship. My son has seen it twice already and will be watching it again with me. :)

I'm here! I'm so excited for this month's challenge, and I'm excited to see so many people excited to participate!

And I actually took the time to write a short introduction so that I don't have to do it later.

For those of you who don't know me yet ... I'm Sarah.
I'm almost 30 (I'm not looking forward to this summer), I live with my parents (and two siblings) in NYC, and I'm currently within 5 lbs of my all-time highest weight. So that's something I need to deal with.
Over the past few years I've become a runner, which is a truly amazing thing. I started running to lose weight (I'm still not sure if it worked), and I kept running because of runDisney. So far I've run 2 runDisney 5Ks, 1 runDisney 10K, and one local race. Over the next year, I'm hoping not only to work up the courage to run more local races, but also to run my first half marathon (for more on that, check last month's thread). In March I focused on non-running exercise, and I've gotten to a point where I'm doing some exercise at least 6 days a week, which is pretty great.
When I became a runner I didn't stop being an eater ... which is where my problem is. I know that I need to focus on my eating, and this month I plan to work on that.

When I'm not here on the DIS (those very rare occasions), you can find my on instagram as slkworks.

And, in honor of the theme ... me and my sister in January (I'm the one with the red lightsaber). I've gained almost 10 lbs since this picture :(
WDW2016_Day3_188.jpg

I am struggling to decide behaviour goals vs weight loss goals as month one. My real goal is stop trying to do it all at once but this is hard to quantify. The plan for April is to take break from the gym for the first two weeks, keep up walking 10-15000 steps, and track calories/eat clean returning to the gym second half for only 2 workouts weekly (to be increased in May). It's hard to quantify moving goal so while the focus is on behaviour - I will put a specific weight loss as my quantifiable goal and really - the healthy diet is the focus. Once I feel this is on track and isn't big effort I will add next behaviour goal

Thanks Sarah for being host last month and Pamela for this. Looking forward getting to know the participants and sharing the journey

4/1 goal - 4kg weight loss
4/8
4/15
4/22
4/29 (FINAL RESULTS)

Have a healthy April All!

Last edited:
Good morning friends! Welcome to APRIL! Remember to NOT be fooled today! Since today is day #1 of the April challenge AND it is a Friday, we will start today with our usual INTRODUCE YOURSELF QOTD plus a fun QOTD to get the ball rolling!

2d752bfc13dd23bad14b4746b81a14ab.jpg

QOTD for Friday April 1, 2016:

INTRODUCE YOURSELF! Share a picture if you would like.... before/during/after... whatever would make you happy to share!

If you have been here with us for a few months (or years :rolleyes: ), feel free to keep your intro BRIEF but try to share something we might not know about you! If you are a newbie, please feel free to tell us whatever you want to share.... but specifically why you are here, what are your goals (long-term and short-term), and how you intend to achieve those goals.

Fun Friday QOTD:

“At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.” WHO said this and in WHICH SW movie ????

I'll be back later today to welcome each of you formally! For now I must dash.... have to leave early today!............P

Good morning friends! Welcome to APRIL! Remember to NOT be fooled today! Since today is day #1 of the April challenge AND it is a Friday, we will start today with our usual INTRODUCE YOURSELF QOTD plus a fun QOTD to get the ball rolling!

View attachment 159454

QOTD for Friday April 1, 2016:

INTRODUCE YOURSELF! Share a picture if you would like.... before/during/after... whatever would make you happy to share!

If you have been here with us for a few months (or years :rolleyes: ), feel free to keep your intro BRIEF but try to share something we might not know about you! If you are a newbie, please feel free to tell us whatever you want to share.... but specifically why you are here, what are your goals (long-term and short-term), and how you intend to achieve those goals.

Fun Friday QOTD:

“At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge.” WHO said this and in WHICH SW movie ????

I'll be back later today to welcome each of you formally! For now I must dash.... have to leave early today!............P

Good Morning Ladies.. I am Michelle and I am in.. I am a WW member - but not at goal, I just have too much personal going on and I have very little control over my emotional eating so I am going to work on that this month so my goal is maintain for the month and I will do that by tracking everyday.. so 30 days no excuses tracking ..

I have a very supportive Hubs, a 22 yr old DD and 19 yr old DS and only very loving kitty name Hunny (for Pooh's hunny pots) I work M - F at a desk job, I enjoy Scrapbooking - I currently have to going - my DD's softball training trip in April 2012 and mine/Hubs trip in Sept 2014.. I don't have a spot in the mobile home I currently own to do this so unless I can go away for the day (usually fundraisers) or for the weekend I don't get work on them much.. that said I have a day one on 4/9 and am on a waiting list for a weekend 4/28 - 5/1 .. this is my Me time - hands are busy so not a lot of extra eating but not a whole lot of moving.

this pic is Chris and I at Chef Mickey's on 10-1-14 .. I'm pretty much the same except my hair is shorter and I've lost 8 lbs since then
Chef Mickey.jpg

I hope to hop back on at lunch but if not I'll see you all on Monday! Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter