Lightweight and easy EZ-up for the beach.

Wishing on a star

DIS Veteran
We have a super nice one, but it is many years old, and a more expensive and heavy duty model.... So, it is heavy!

Does anyone have some recommendations for a really lightweight and easy to use model for the beach?

We have a super nice one, but it is many years old, and a more expensive and heavy duty model.... So, it is heavy!

Does anyone have some recommendations for a really lightweight and easy to use model for the beach?

I have no complaints about the Ozark Trail ones (from Walmart) that we have. Very easy to use.
We have an older model one that has a more beefier frame than the newer one so I would say the newer one is more light weight. I've never actually compared the weight but when they are up side by side you can see the difference in the leg thickness.
You could always go for a smaller one for less weight, I think the standard size is 10 x 10 but I have seen 8 x 8 on Amazon

They are certainly an affordable option!
8X8 is fine.
My husband will just not want to deal with a heavy one!

Would the newer one hold up on the beach, with some wind?

I think I am seeing that if you want lighter weight, you risk it being less sturdy and damaged in wind.

Thanks!

They are certainly an affordable option!
8X8 is fine.
My husband will just not want to deal with a heavy one!

Would the newer one hold up on the beach, with some wind?

I think I am seeing that if you want lighter weight, you risk it being less sturdy and damaged in wind.

Thanks!

We use it in a very windy area (on top of a mountain) but we bungee it to our camper and some cinder blocks. I bought weight bags (because the blocks are ugly!) to fill with sand but dh was pretty sure they wouldn't hold it on their own. There is a constant breeze and we get big gusts up there so it is more wind than just a breeze here and there. The (newer) canopy part has been fine except for some color fading, no rips or tears with the wind. It velcros on the corners and has tie down strings (we didn't use those).
We used it all spring and summer, although we took the canopy off when we weren't there so it wasn't up every day.

I think you would definitely have to weigh or tie it down in case of strong gusts.
I've seen people use them on the beach by lowering the back legs and burying them in the sand and then bungee the front legs to coolers.

We got a nice 10 x 10 one from Dicks Sporting Goods a few years ago that has been great at the beach. I bought 12 inch "sand" stakes to to hold it down and it has held up really well on windy days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter