'Like, Father' on Netflix - filmed on Harmony of the Seas

xiphoid76

DIS Veteran
Did anyone watch this made-for-Netflix movie?
Stars Kristen Bell who I love, and was entertaining...somewhat entertaining at least - basically a long ad for RCL's cruise ship with a minor plot about reuniting with your estranged father played by Kelsey Grammer.
Minor quibbles with how the heck did they allow them to board when they were so drunk...and how did they get such excellent cell phone reception at sea all the time :)

I did watch this. It was ok but like you said it had a few quibbles here and there. It was nice to see the ship and Kristen Bell was great, as always. I loved how they poked fun at a lot of the things featured on the cruises such as the awkward table mate intros and some of the crazy game shows.

And how were they planning to fly home from Jamaica without a passport?

The movie DID remind me of why I don't watch movies anymore.

I was jealous of the 10 night itinerary from New York to Caribbean (with a stop at Labadee that was fun to see having been there) on Harmony of the Seas! Also, that suite was way nicer than my usual interiors lol. It was fun to see the ship though since it is one I'd like to go one someday.

I will probably watchi this at some point in time, but I don’t have Netflix so I’ve no idea when...

I will probably watchi this at some point in time, but I don’t have Netflix so I’ve no idea when...

Double check my information- but I am pretty sure I saw a Hallmark commercial for this same movie premiering this weekend. Maybe you can catch it there.

Edited to add- I just found my information was incorrect. The Hallmark movie is different from the Netflix movie. Both were filmed on HotS though.

Last edited:
Thanks. No Hallmark Channel up in Canada but it’ll show up at some point I’m sure.

Of course we all know that they would not have gotten onboard semi-comatose and with an ID/Passport that didn't match the booking and SetSail Pass. I hope.

Next thing you're gonna tell me is that all the people that got snapped out of existence will return in Avengers 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter