Like...They are Going with STRANGERS?!?! Sayonara Part 1- Join Us on the new thread!

What would you do with the $350??

• Upgrade our resort

• Spend it on 2 signature dinners

• Get park hoppers and 1 signature dinner

• See Cirque du Soleil

• Rent a car

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

All7OfUs

<font color=darkorchid>We too are so very NOT into
As our forefather, Thomas Jefferson, wrote the famous document that declared the Independence of (what would become) the United States of America, I now give you a similar declaration- one that will serve as an announcement to the world of our intentions….

“When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary to temporarily dissolve the bands from those you love and from all that is familiar and sometimes mundane, and assume the powers of the lure of uninhibited FUN at Walt Disney World, a decent respect to the opinions of man (and woman) kind require that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.” (For those of you who are not so much into American history, just pretend you know that this is the preamble of the Declaration of Independence, okay.)

Okay, okay, I doubt my catchy title drew you here, but if it did let me enlighten you. I henceforth invite you to experience with us a good and most noble cause. Perhaps links in our siggies beckoned you forth? May you arise to your duty now- the Freedom Fight of the Liberation of TC3. There is no higher calling for you in these coming months! Was it that you needed a story of epoch proportions, full of adventure, humor, love, whimsy, danger and sacrifice? Come forth- no longer just read about the tactics and victories! Engage now, fellow compatriots! Chronicle your advice, your own tactical moves and strategies in such a campaign, and help move us closer to our goal of winning the highest prize- A WEEK OF limitless FUN at WDW.

Now, you must be dying to know what TC3 means. Very simply, our very strategically and carefully selected soldiers are THE CHOSEN 3. They will from now on be referred to as TC3- our code name for such a lofty endeavor. Shhhh, keep the confidence as best you can!

My aim is not to keep you in terrible suspense too terribly long regarding other, as yet classified, information, but rest assured, little by little, we will take you into our confidence (and as soon as we figure out what we are doing)!!! Suffice it to say, that this will be a highly entertaining, and hopefully highly interactive Pre-Campaign (er, I mean Pre-Trip) Report. But that part is up to YOU!

To get us started off on the right foot- oh wait, all properly trained soldiers start with the left foot! Okay, to get us started off on the left foot, let me introduce myself. I most assuredly promise you there will be others to introduce shortly. In fact, my (our) very first piece of ammunition to be fired in this fight for freedom will come in the very next installment! Truly, it will be quite a bombshell for those of you intimate with the Trip Reports threads!

So, who is this person willing to risk life and limb to win the prize of a week of unfettered fun at her favorite place on earth?? Who is soldier #1? (I only mean #1 in that I will be the first to introduce myself; there will be no Alpha Soldier in our troops!)

DSCN1789-1.jpg

My name is Liesa- also known as SteppeSister to those who follow my blog- "SteppeSister's Songs". I am happily married to The Water Guy, who really only tolerates my Disney obsession because he has to live in the same house with me. If he had his druthers, he would ban any talk of THAT topic in his presence, so I try to keep it to a minimum as best I can. Therefore, I have turned to you- my beloved, co-addicts to do combat alongside of me. My kids, (we have a large army all to ourselves) are as successfully indoctrinated to the virtues and pleasures of a Disney vacation as I am, and one day we will all enjoy the spoils of war together; that is after they graduate from college and make adequate incomes to take their Commander-in-Chief to Disney with them!

Our family lives in a Central Asian country- about as far away from Western culture as one can get. Everything the average visitor to WDW finds detestable and disgusting happens regularly here: men (and women) spitting all over the sidewalks, trash being thrown everywhere, rampant smoking in every restaurant and other public place with no regard to children or others nearby. Here's a sample of what we typically see in our daily battlefield.

DSCN1690-1.jpg

Trust me; the rewards of a well-fought fight for a week of freedom will be more precious to me than you will ever know. But, more on this topic in another post…

As the weeks go by, and as the battles are fought and won, you'll certainly learn more about me and each TC3 soldier. Until then,

Cast off the shackles of yesterday!
Shoulder to shoulder into the fray!
Our daughters' daughters will adore us
And they'll sign in grateful chorus
"Well done, Sister Suffragette!"

[/COLOR]
Maroo, Our Faithful Soldier #2!
Let's Meet LeeAnn- Soldier #3
The Biggest Battle- Fought and (almost) Won!
Battle Financing- Or How to Pay for a Week of Freedom
Another Big Battle- Fought and WON!!!
So, Just What Is the Enemy Anyway??
We Come From Far and Wide
Tactical Planning 101
Soldier #2's NON-Fight for Freedom:cool1:
Battlefield Planning- In Person!!
Strangers NO MORE! Pt. 1
Strangers NO MORE! Pt. 2
Strangers NO MORE! Pt. 3
Strangers NO MORE! Pt. 4
An AMAZING Disney Find- OR Disney in the Blood
The Constitution of the United Ladies Trip to WDW
The Insta-Guide to Soldier #1's Snacks of Choice
The Insta-Guide to Soldier #2's Snacks of Choice
Confessions of a Soldier
Another Ranking Upgrade!!
The TC3 Make Their First Purchase!
Maroo Does Ultimate Training Exercises!
ThePreachersWife Makes Her Confessions
maroo's First Confessions
Soldier #1's Personal Tenets of Touring with Separate TOC for All 10 Tenets!!
Maroo's Personal Tenets of Touring!
TC3 Take a Private Poll- Are We on the Same Touring Page?
TC3 Hit Their 1 Year Mark!!! Come Out and Party!
At Long Last-The TC3 Reveal Their Secret Hideaway! Pt. 1
At Long Last- The TC3 Reveal Their Secret Hideaway! Pt. 2
(Very!) Tentative Battle Plans-Take 1: Liesa's Version
(Very!) Tentative Battle Plans-Take 1: Maroo's Version
Of Shoulder Packs and Rucksacks!
And What a GREAT Deal It Is!!
What's A Good Soldier To Do?
Feeding the Troops- Rations Drop #1

Fast Track to Table of Contents-Part II
Fast Track to Table of Contents- Part III

Oooh, I'm first!

Love the camel photo!

Look forward to hearing more about your plans!

I thought you might be first! :cool1: So glad you are along for the ride; really stick around, I think you will be VERY surprised in the next 24 hours! ;)

But, now, I want to publicly thank you for your outstanding job on my links!! Thanks, again, Torsie24!

Well.

The surprise.

Ok...I have to admit. Seeing this opening had me incredibly confused...:confused3

“When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary to temporarily dissolve the bands from those you love and from all that is familiar and sometimes mundane, and assume the powers of the lure of uninhibited FUN at Walt Disney World, a decent respect to the opinions of man (and woman) kind require that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.”

I asked myself several questions…

Like…what in the world does this mean? :lmao:

But then I really got drawn into the imagery of the soldiers and was recruited.

Literally, I tell you guys…Literally.

You see…

I am soldier number 2!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

For those of you guys that don’t know me…I am Maroo.

ce61056a-1.jpg

And this will be my SIXTH trip to WDW since October of 2008, when I was blessed to be able to join Lauren and her family on a Make a Wish trip.

You may have seen me around the DIS…because I am a DIS addict. ::yes:: Or maybe you have not seen me around…that is ok, too. :thumbsup2

Some of y'all might want to subscribe to this little pre-trippie. Because…well…I'm a little crazy. And I am going WAY out on a limb…and spending a week in WDW with two people that I don’t even know! :scared1:

That’s right. ::yes::

We don’t know each other. :sad2:

We have never met. :scared1:

Except on the DIS. :thumbsup2

We have talked on the phone. We have chatted a lot on Skype. :hyper2: But we have never met. And she lives halfway across the world from me. Literally.

So, how do we plan? What have we planned? How is THIS going to work out?

:woohoo: :yay:

OK ya got me! I enjoyed your last trip report (Sarah's moving 2 Africa) and though I have read many TR's I haven't read a pre trip report as it was happening....so Ya got me as a tag along on this one:cool1: Can't wait to hear all your plans.

I'm along for the ride
Maroo I can't believe you are planning for 2010
maybe we should try to get Avy's wish trip around this trip of yours ;)

Joining in as well! Can't wait to see what the surprise is!

Hey, GB! Nice to see you here! I think this will be a lot of fun to see how this develops! In my next post, I want to explain how maroo and I ended up planning this together. Chime in whenever you can! :thumbsup2

OK ya got me! I enjoyed your last trip report (Sarah's moving 2 Africa) and though I have read many TR's I haven't read a pre trip report as it was happening....so Ya got me as a tag along on this one:cool1: Can't wait to hear all your plans.

maroo's trips are so fun to read about, she certainly impressed me- which is one of the reasons THIS trip is even going to happen. I'll let her welcome you too, but I just wanted to say that we are glad to have you along. We plan to have a lot of fun in getting things together for next year!

I'm along for the ride

Great to have you join us, tinytreasures!

Oh, definately subscribing so I can continue to live vicarously through maroo:)

Isn't she great to 'hang around' with? I'm trusting (with my whole 2010 trip!) that she's just as much fun in real life! HA!

Nice to see someone else already planning 2010... can't wait to hear more:yay:

mncherokee,
I know it's a terribly long way off, but hey, planning is half the fun, and with us living (literally) half way around the world from each other, planning takes on a bit of a strange twist! We'll keep you involved as we get everything worked out- nice to have you aboard!

It's a good thing I have a lot of popcorn. Something to munch on as I read along this wild adventure of yours. So who is #3 and how long doe we have to wait to find out?

It's a good thing I have a lot of popcorn. Something to munch on as I read along this wild adventure of yours. So who is #3 and how long doe we have to wait to find out?

Hmmm... with a screen name like yours, maybe we should choose YOU! :woohoo:

Okay, in all seriousness, I will introduce soldier #3- RIGHT NOW!

Okay, let's meet soldier #3! LeeAnn has been a friend of mine for a very long time! She has 5 kids just like myself, and works at a corporate housing company doing something. I think she sets up rentals and takes care of customers' needs as they arise- but as soon as she joins us, she can tell you more- because frankly, I don't know! :confused3 I don't have a picture of LeeAnn, and I don't even know if she wants one posted, so when we hear from her, we can all ask!

You might be asking just WHY LeeAnn can't join us right now, so I'll tell you about her own little (okay, BIG) personal war she is fighting right now. LeeAnn is running for her local school board, and the election is in 2 weeks! :scared1: You can imagine how busy and stressed out she is right now with campaigning and all that, so if you think of it, send pixie dust her way, I know she can use it! :cheer2: We NEED more ladies like her on our local school boards!

I also think it's time to tell you just how maroo joined up in our freedom fight. LeeAnn and I had actually asked a 3rd friend of ours last January when we started planning this trip, but she had to back out. She's starting a business and didn't feel she could save the money or get away by next year. I had also asked my sister, but with 2 little girls, she couldn't get away the first week of school when we wanted to go.

So, as I was getting to know maroo through her reports, I was lamenting the fact that my 3rd trip partner had backed out- wah, wah, boo hoo and all that, and she joked back about needing a replacement. I PM'd her and told her, "Yes, as a matter of fact, I AM!" It kind of snowballed from there :dance3:

So, that's how we ened up being totally psyched about this trip!
We are ready to fight hard to make this work! There are so many plans to be made, tons of money to save, schedules to actually work out in our favor, and circumstances to "just work out right". But, we promise to tell you all about it as the weeks and months come.

Oh boy! :cool1: I should be getting ready for work, but I just had to come take a peek at your intro... (You know I can't miss this!)

I'll be back around lunchtime to finish the rest!

Kathy

this is for sure an interesting pre trip report!!!! i'm subbing..and btw..WOW, Asia, that's real far away!

I think I am going to write in pink...would that be too much? If so, I can change it back to black. I just think we might get confused with who is talking. :rotfl:

Woo Hoo! I am so glad you are joining us! :) And I am glad you enjoy reading my TR's...they are a little crazy, I know! :)

I'm along for the ride

Oh, this sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!! :)

Oh, definately subscribing so I can continue to live vicarously through maroo:)

Aw...You are welcome to live vicariously through me anytime!

Nice to see someone else already planning 2010... can't wait to hear more:yay:

2010!! Here we come! :) Thanks for joining us!! :)

Here's some more popcorn for ya...

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Just in case you need some for later! :)

Thanks for joining us, luckylady! :)

maroo's trips are so fun to read about, she certainly impressed me- which is one of the reasons THIS trip is even going to happen. I'll let her welcome you too, but I just wanted to say that we are glad to have you along. We plan to have a lot of fun in getting things together for next year!

I impressed you? Oh, now I am scared! :)

Isn't she great to 'hang around' with? I'm trusting (with my whole 2010 trip!) that she's just as much fun in real life! HA!

He he! :) You know...you could ask tinytreasures and and ndloewn - they have actually met me in real life. They still talk to me, so I guess that is a good sign! :) Of course, we weren't together for a full week, either! You might have to ask Sarah for help on that. Well, then again, maybe you shouldn't ask Sarah. She may tell you that I am a Grumpy Butt!!

Oh boy! :cool1: I should be getting ready for work, but I just had to come take a peek at your intro... (You know I can't miss this!)

I'll be back around lunchtime to finish the rest!

Kathy

Do you think she knows? Did she read far enough past the intro to see the surprise? :scratchin

this is for sure an interesting pre trip report!!!! i'm subbing..and btw..WOW, Asia, that's real far away!

Welcome! (This whole writing in pink thing may not last very long! Maybe I should pick a new color?)

Yes...She lives VERY far away. It really takes some organization just to make a phone call! ::yes:: Nevermind reservations...:eek: :rotfl:

You might be asking just WHY LeeAnn can't join us right now, so I'll tell you about her own little (okay, BIG) personal war she is fighting right now. LeeAnn is running for her local school board, and the election is in 2 weeks! :scared1: You can imagine how busy and stressed out she is right now with campaigning and all that, so if you think of it, send pixie dust her way, I know she can use it! :cheer2: We NEED more ladies like her on our local school boards!

GO GO LEANN!!! I ran for City Council and lost by 21 votes :sad2:. May Leann win by many, many more! I'll be cheering for her!:cheer2:

Omigosh!

How is it that one would not want to follow this thread!?! :surfweb:

I'm beginning to feel like I'm Maroo's stalker. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!