Likelihood of Connecting Rooms

Abatts

Mouseketeer
What is the likelihood of getting a request filled of adjoining/connecting rooms at All Star Sports? I would rather book 2 adjoining rooms than a suite at Music, but don't feel comfortable if the kids get a room that is NOT adjoining. Any tricks to getting the request honored?

You want to request connecting, not adjoining. Connecting means LITERALLY connected and adjoining just means nearby.

I'd guess that 9 out of 10 times the request is honored. But it really depends on making sure that the types of room booked actually connect.

You want to request connecting, not adjoining. Connecting means LITERALLY connected and adjoining just means nearby.

I'd guess that 9 out of 10 times the request is honored. But it really depends on making sure that the types of room booked actually connect.
Thank you, I didn't realize that!

Is the reservation for room only or a package?
I have stayed at least 7 times with my Grandchildren and was guaranteed a connecting room at Pop Century and Movies. Call and make sure it's requested on your reservation in their system. I also called several times to make sure . I was told once or twice it wasn't guaranteed so I would call and speak to another CM and they said since it's a package reservation and there are 3 children and 2 adults it was guaranteed. I have never had an issue. In my opinion it is better for us to get 2 connecting rooms .

Is the reservation for room only or a package?
I have stayed at least 7 times with my Grandchildren and was guaranteed a connecting room at Pop Century and Movies. Call and make sure it's requested on your reservation in their system. I also called several times to make sure . I was told once or twice it wasn't guaranteed so I would call and speak to another CM and they said since it's a package reservation and there are 3 children and 2 adults it was guaranteed. I have never had an issue. In my opinion it is better for us to get 2 connecting rooms .
It is room only. But I’m thinking of trying to put my 3 kids in one room without an adult on reservation if it’ll let me to try to throw up a red flag that they need to be connecting. But I will keep calling as well!

I would call All Star Sports directly the week of the reservation and ask for connecting rooms. Explain your situation and tell them you want to feel your children are safe.

I would call All Star Sports directly the week of the reservation and ask for connecting rooms. Explain your situation and tell them you want to feel your children are safe.
Good idea.
They won't let 3 kids on reservation without an adult. I had 1 kid in my room and my husband had 2.
I was told it was guaranteed because of their age. Do you have 2 rooms on the reservation?
Haven't booked yet, but planning 2 rooms.

Unfortunately, you can’t call any of the Disney hotels directly. Any call you make goes directly to a call center.

I would make “connecting rooms” your only request. It’s not guaranteed, but making that your only request will give you the best chance.

Unfortunately, you can’t call any of the Disney hotels directly. Any call you make goes directly to a call center.

I would make “connecting rooms” your only request. It’s not guaranteed, but making that your only request will give you the best chance.
I was thinking of using touring plans room request and finding specific rooms, but maybe that's not the best idea?

Disney is not good at this and unlike most major hotels does not promise this. There are many reports of people not getting this. It's pretty likely, but this is not something Disney is good at.

In October we took a family trip. My sister booked 2 rooms at POFQ for her family of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids under 5) and requested connecting rooms. Upon checking in, she had two rooms next to each other without the connecting door. Luckily, they had put my parents into the room that did connect (my parents were in no way attached to her reservation and did not request to be connecting or adjoining) so it was an easy switch to correct it, but there are no guarantees.

This isn't going to help because they won't allow the children to be in the room alone. Regardless of whether the rooms connect or not, an adult has to be listed on each room. I'm sure it's common for families to put the kids in one room while the parents sleep in the other, but officially you can't be registered that way.

What is the likelihood of getting a request filled of adjoining/connecting rooms at All Star Sports? I would rather book 2 adjoining rooms than a suite at Music, but don't feel comfortable if the kids get a room that is NOT adjoining. Any tricks to getting the request honored?
The only way to guarantee you'll all be together is to book a room that sleeps 5. That might be a family suite at ASMu or AoA, or a couple of moderates and most deluxe resorts have rooms that sleep 5. That is honestly the ONLY way to guarantee you won't be separated. Even a "guaranteed" notation from a phone CM won't actually have impact if they simply don't have those rooms available.

It is room only. But I’m thinking of trying to put my 3 kids in one room without an adult on reservation if it’ll let me to try to throw up a red flag that they need to be connecting. But I will keep calling as well!
Room-only or package doesn't really matter. WDW won't allow you to book the children into a room without an adult (assuming "children" are minors and not any older teens). You can call as often as you like, but WDW doesn't make room assignments until about 3-5 days prior to check-in, and even then they won't give you an assignment until arrival day. I would not do the Touring Plans idea of specific rooms, because what if you were given 1 of those rooms but not the other? WDW thinks they are making you happy with 1 of the requested rooms.

Make "connecting rooms" your only request. Check when you receive the room assignment, even before entering the room. If the rooms aren't connecting, go to the front desk and ask - telling them you are willing to wait if necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter