Likelihood of DVC Park Ticket Discounts?

I remember about 5 years ago when they had the Premium AP deal for $399. That was the best bargain I think they ever had!
I still think longingly about that deal. We were able to bridge heavily discounted Orbitz tickets to the Premium AP and it was the best ticket deal we ever managed.

That was a great deal...:thumbsup2 The most recent one back in 2017/18 was $569 I believe which wasn't bad, but I do remember back in 2012 it was an entry level pass, ( Our 1st AP ever ) for $299....Which was super... Here's to hoping for another possible X-Mas Disney Gift of an AP BARGAIN!

I remember about 5 years ago when they had the Premium AP deal for $399. That was the best bargain I think they ever had!

The deal was Platinum Plus for the price of Gold. They offered it a couple more times at the Gold price, the last time $569. If they had it today, it would be $699 plus tax. Shows how much tickets have gone up.

We are thinking about going to WDW again next year (probably in November), and this time we will be getting an AP. We are looking at the Gold AP. When would be the best time to buy?

We are thinking about going to WDW again next year (probably in November), and this time we will be getting an AP. We are looking at the Gold AP. When would be the best time to buy?

Odds are very low that prices will go down, or that any incentives will be offered, before 2022 at the earliest. With SW land pulling on crowds now, and then 2021 having so many new rides as well as the 50th celebration, they will be looking to keep AP members out of the parks, not entice them in. I expect prices to keep climbing, so the sooner you can get the APs, the better. With that said, though, they're dang pricey. $3000 for my family of 4, and that's just for the gold one! I personally am going to wait for a tax return before I buy in. Annual dues and Christmas shopping are going to eat up too much of my current funds.

Odds are very low that prices will go down, or that any incentives will be offered, before 2022 at the earliest. With SW land pulling on crowds now, and then 2021 having so many new rides as well as the 50th celebration, they will be looking to keep AP members out of the parks, not entice them in. I expect prices to keep climbing, so the sooner you can get the APs, the better. With that said, though, they're dang pricey. $3000 for my family of 4, and that's just for the gold one! I personally am going to wait for a tax return before I buy in. Annual dues and Christmas shopping are going to eat up too much of my current funds.
If I buy the AP vouchers right now (aren't the Gold $699 right now?), can I activate them in November 2020 and then use them again in October 2021?

Not sure if this will work for you, but you can pay your dues monthly. Might free up some cash to buy APs if you want to do it earlier for fear of a price increase.
Downside is, paying monthly its a debit, so no gift cards or cash back.

Not sure if this will work for you, but you can pay your dues monthly. Might free up some cash to buy APs if you want to do it earlier for fear of a price increase.
This actually isn't true. I have my dues set up on a monthly payment, but I go into my account at the beginning of each month and use a Disney GC (which I get anywhere from 16-19% off using discounts) to pay that month's payment. I actually usually do several months at a time and pay it off in April, but you could do it each month. So the OP could free up some cash for the AP AND save on dues.

This actually isn't true. I have my dues set up on a monthly payment, but I go into my account at the beginning of each month and use a Disney GC (which I get anywhere from 16-19% off using discounts) to pay that month's payment. I actually usually do several months at a time and pay it off in April, but you could do it each month. So the OP could free up some cash for the AP AND save on dues.
Thanks, I didn't know you could do that. How do u get that much off GCs? I only have ever done the 5% red card

Thanks, I didn't know you could do that. How do u get that much off GCs? I only have ever done the 5% red card
I get 4x fuel points off at my local Kroger, and I use either my Bank of America card for 2% cashback or my Chase Freedom when groceries are 5% cashback. The biggest savings is in the fuel points. For every $1000, I get $4 off on 35 gallons of gas for a savings of $140. Couple that with the 2% cashback and I save $160, and with the 5% cashback I save $190. This is the best way I have found to pay for annual dues, food at WDW, and tickets.

This is only partly true.
Paying monthly is a debit.
But you can still go online and apply gift cards. As you apply each gift card in payment, you reduce the amount owed. Your account will not be debited unless you haven't paid the full amount of each month's debit.

And 5% is certainly better than nothing. If you have Amex or Chase cards with 'offers' sometimes you will find stuff like $10 of $50 at Staples or even Lowes. That's 20% right there. I watch for all these small offers and pick them up as I see them. Bank of America cards also have some offers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter