Likelihood of DVC Park Ticket Discounts?

Duffy Lover

What?!?!? No!
What are the odds that DVC does some sort of promotion for discounted park tickets? I'm taking my daughter and her best friend in August 2020 and my DD will have annual passes, but I'll need to get the BFF tickets. I know prices usually go up in February, should I buy now or hold out for a possible discount?

TIA!

Since DVC has had only AP discounts for about 15 years, I doubt you are going to see one for any other theme park tickets, and you should act on the assumption that Disney will probably raise its prices again before next August. What you should likely be doing is checking out a site like Undercover Tourist, an authorized seller of Disney tickets, which sells them for a discount.

The past few summers, Disney has had a special ticket offer but not for DVC members, but for AP holders and one for general public.

I think they just came out with the one park, 4 day ticket. But not sure valid dates.

If you don’t always renew an AP, but buy new, you could buy a ticket now, and then if a deal comes out, reassign it to someone in your family, and use the value toward the purchase of the next AP.

I have done that before

Thanks for the input, y'all! I'll probably use Undercover Tourist.

Since DVC has had only AP discounts for about 15 years, I doubt you are going to see one for any other theme park tickets, and you should act on the assumption that Disney will probably raise its prices again before next August. What you should likely be doing is checking out a site like Undercover Tourist, an authorized seller of Disney tickets, which sells them for a discount.

Actually, this is not true. In 2017/2018 DVC offered a ticket where you got 7 days for the price of 5. I ended up paying $370 for a 7 day pass.

2 years ago DVC offered 7 days for 5 fays. never saw it before or since.

I was personally was hoping for a black friday deal on DVC APs. I know they are discounted already but I wanted a platinum upgrade for the price of gold or something.

Actually, this is not true. In 2017/2018 DVC offered a ticket where you got 7 days for the price of 5. I ended up paying $370 for a 7 day pass.

That ticket was also good for 6 months from first use as opposed to 14 days (or less as the case is now). So you could use the 7 days across multiple visits within 6 months. Not always feasible for everyone, obviously, but still a decent perk.

Dvc members were also offered the 4 park ticket - one park per day for $199 a few years back. That was a great deal.

AAA no longer offers a discount (Northern New England AAA). My best bet is getting cash back on credit cards to buy gift cards and use for tickets - often 5-10% if you can't get any other deal.

Well no additional deals or sales on DVC APs for cyber Monday... Kinda hoped for something but I'm not surprised that there arent any sales.

Well no additional deals or sales on DVC APs for cyber Monday... Kinda hoped for something but I'm not surprised that there arent any sales.

Disney is a premium product. I don't think they ever discount tickets or anything similar on Black Friday.
I would not be expecting any extra special discounts for the next 2-3 years at least. The one in 2018 came right as they announced a bunch of long term projects, which meant a ton of closures and construction for that upcoming year. The discounted tickets were a way to fill the parks.
Now, with that construction being completed over the next two years, and the 50th anniversary coming in 2021, they will almost try to keep us away in order to get as many high spending first timers in there as possible.
There will still be the gold pass discount, but nothing more, in my opinion.

The only Black Friday sale I know of was for Frozen on Broadway. They offered a BOGO free ticket offer.

No Park tckets though!

VisitOrlando.com and Work Advantage both were offering 10% discounts on park tickets. Purchased 2 adults & 1 child MYW 4D (not the special) for ~$1250.

This is the hardest part of getting back to WDW. The cost of park tickets is huge for any family, yet the parks are jammed with people. We have taken advantage of the AP discount years ago, but it would be great for DVC members to get a percentage off park tickets since we are so invested in the property anyways.

Last edited:
Yeah! The 7 days for the price of five was a BIG DEAL for us. We always go for 4-5 days for Halloween, but with the extra couple of days AND the extended time frame to use the extra days, we were able to go again for Christmas. So far our only Christmas the parks, and all thanks to those 2 extra days. :) I've been holding off on tickets for one of these deals.

That ticket was also good for 6 months from first use as opposed to 14 days (or less as the case is now). So you could use the 7 days across multiple visits within 6 months. Not always feasible for everyone, obviously, but still a decent perk.

Based on what I saw in the parks last week, I would not expect Jack.
Unless jack is code for another big price increase, as once again, Disney did not "price themselves out of business"

I remember about 5 years ago when they had the Premium AP deal for $399. That was the best bargain I think they ever had!
I still think longingly about that deal. We were able to bridge heavily discounted Orbitz tickets to the Premium AP and it was the best ticket deal we ever managed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!