Likelihood of getting BW 1BR in May?

SuzGM84

Mouseketeer
DH and I just got home from WDW - can't wait for our currently planned trip in Sep 2020, so we want to sneak in a quick trip in May!!

My 7 month window opens up on Oct 3 for a stay starting May 3 - I'm looking at a 1BR Standard at Boardwalk. I know standard views are hard to get due to the low amount of points, but given this isn't a busy DVC season AND we're looking at the 1BR - i'm REALLY hoping this will be available on Thursday when I can book!!!!!

I was looking a week ago at May for a week trip (Sunday to Saturday) and there was availability for 1 bedrooms in all categories.

1BRs, including standard, are usually open at 7 months out in May, but make sure you do the attempt to reserve right at 8 a.m. eastern online on Oct 3.

Thanks everyone! Sadly I'm driving to work at 8am EST - but I'm at my desk and logged on by 830 - hopefully that's not going to be an issue....

There's no way I will be able to get out the door, do daycare drop off and make it to my DESK for 8am - and my husband doesn't feel confident enough to handle making the reservation (since I do all the booking/planning)!!

Even though you can’t book, you can check availability online outside the 7 month marks. You just follow the same procedures and put in the dates you want. You can then see what it looks like.

As I said, it won’t let you book, but you can tell if there is a chance. I am going in May as well and wanted to change from BWV to VGF and for my dates, the SV are already booked for 2 of the 4 nights.

Now, that doesn’t mean when my window opens on Oct 11th things could be different but I already know I am most likely going to have to waitlist and stalk!

Good luck!

No problem getting 1 bed virtually all year- certainly no problem May.

I just booked a 1 bedroom, standard view, for the 3rd week of April 2020 with no problems, and this is a vacation week for most schools. May shouldn't be a problem.

We have never had much problem getting a 1 BR in later April or May as long as you stay away from Easter and Mothers Day.

It will probably be available at 8 AM, but unlikely at 8:30 AM. Suggest you tell work you have an early "Dr's Appointment" that day. We must have priorities.

LOL. I just did the opposite. Changed BWV Standard 1 bedroom to an OKW 1 bedroom for May 3-8.
Maybe I got yours. We're going to Flower & Garden and BW Is a bit closer to the food kitchens.

Maybe I got yours. We're going to Flower & Garden and BW Is a bit closer to the food kitchens.

Yes, we usually stay at BWV for Flower and Garden, but the next few years Epcot is going to be a mess and I do not expect an impressive F&G. We only have 150 BW points and I booked a 2 bedroom for this year F&W and will need to have a 2 bedroom for next year too. Had to save those precious BW points, so used SSR points to book OKW at 7 months. We like OKW and do not own there, so happy to have a reason to book it.

Laura

We love staying at BWV for F&W and F&G. Love walking back to the room at the end of the day and not having to hassle with a boat or bus.

I'm tickled pink. Booked a 1BR at Beach Club for May 2020. I'm hoping the dates coincide with a Moonlight Magic at Epcot. {{Wink, Wink}}

1 beds at 8am 7 months out, leaving aside major holidays, marathons and certain resorts (Copper Creek) and certain views (AKL value, concierge, and BLT standard are the worst culprits) are generally not difficult to get. Particularly if you have a little bit of flexibility and a couple of options as to resort and are prepared to go for less popular views.
Totally different situation to trying to get studios.
OP would have had zero issues getting BWV for these dates.
I see it constantly being claimed for example, that Beach Club you have to own there. You don’t in 1 beds. I booked for Xmas, and was checking in the run up, and it was wide open every morning at 8am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter