Likelihood of having to switch rooms?

get_us_to_WDW

Earning My Ears
I have 2 nights booked on my own points for June BCV 2 Bdrm reservation but not enough points left for two additional nights. I am trying to figure out how to secure the 2 additional nights without having to switch rooms. Which would be best:

1 Receive transfer of points into my account and modify the reservation - this would be the ideal remedy.

2 Rent 2 nights (points) from a Broker

3 Rent 2 nights (points) from another member

4 Reserve 2 nights in DVC discounted cash

5 Reserve 2 nights from WDW Central Reservations

Can option 2 & 3 lead to linked reservation that would avoid switching rooms? Is one better than the other if my goal is not to change rooms?

For option 4 & 5 my understanding is there is no way to link the cash & points reservations, but is one better than the other?

I was told I can call BCV 7 days in advance and make them aware of the situation and ask them to assign rooms in such a way that I don't have to move - but I know there are a lot of moving pieces and this might not be possible.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Just tell member services that you have 2 back to back reservations in the same room type. They will make sure that you have the same room throughout.

I have done this twice now using points from different contracts.

If you end up with two reservations, you can have them noted as continuing reservations. You won't have to switch rooms, but you will have to check-out and check-in. This is just an administrative check-out/in. You will have access to the room the entire time.

I have had two reservations noted as continuing when I booked consecutive days from two different contracts. We didn't have to switch rooms. I have been told this would work with a DVC cash reservation in between two DVC point reservations. I've done it for a couple of rentals, but in the end, their waitlists came through and we didn't have to test it!

Best would be to have a single reservation, but if you can't do that, you can have two reservations noted as continuing in most, if not all, of the cases you listed below.

I have 2 nights booked on my own points for June BCV 2 Bdrm reservation but not enough points left for two additional nights. I am trying to figure out how to secure the 2 additional nights without having to switch rooms. Which would be best:

1 Receive transfer of points into my account and modify the reservation - this would be the ideal remedy.

2 Rent 2 nights (points) from a Broker

3 Rent 2 nights (points) from another member

4 Reserve 2 nights in DVC discounted cash

5 Reserve 2 nights from WDW Central Reservations

Can option 2 & 3 lead to linked reservation that would avoid switching rooms? Is one better than the other if my goal is not to change rooms?

For option 4 & 5 my understanding is there is no way to link the cash & points reservations, but is one better than the other?

I was told I can call BCV 7 days in advance and make them aware of the situation and ask them to assign rooms in such a way that I don't have to move - but I know there are a lot of moving pieces and this might not be possible.

Any suggestions appreciated!

I did not have to check in a second time this last April. Is this something that they do without you needing to be there at the desk?

I did not have to check in a second time this last April. Is this something that they do without you needing to be there at the desk?

I've had it done both ways. At the Poly, I didn't have to go to the desk or do anything. At BCV, they told me that I could call from the room, but, that didn't work. I had to go to the concierge desk at the entrance of the BCV (not the main building).

Thanks for the responses, that is reassuring. I wouldn't mind going to the desk I just hate the thought of packing and unpacking especially with food / refrigerated items.

Just tell member services that you have 2 back to back reservations in the same room type. They will make sure that you have the same room throughout.

I have done this twice now using points from different contracts.

Thanks! Will I be able to get FPs for all 4 days at 60 days out from first reservation or will I need to do 2 and 2?

We've had good luck staying in the same room but we have had to go to the desk to check in again all but one of the times iiRC.

This is what happened at Aulani. 2 Members booked a week long stay, 1 for 5 nights, the other for two nights. They delivered our cards to us on the appropriate morning, but everyone except us, the ones who booked the first 5 nights, had to get charging privileges put on their new cards. We did not have to change rooms.

The week was booked in a 3 way call.

You will be able to make all four days' worth of FPs at 60 days out. It's ADRs where split reservations require two window openings.
I did a split stay in June and called MS and they manually did ADR for the second half of my trip at the 180 day mark of 1st check in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter