Lilo & Stitch Creators Are Leaving Disney

lrodk

<font color=009900>No one is immune to the TF's in
Variety reports that L&S creators Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois will be establishing their own production company to write and direct animated and live-action movies. Other studios are looking to hook up with the pair, who came up through the Disney system, wrote and directed Lilo & Stitch and made it on a tight budget. It's estimated that Lilo cost about $80 million, half what most studio animated efforts cost.

This one is a major loss to Disney's already fragile Animation division. They just can't seem to keep enough of their creative talent these days.

This, if true, is indeed another sad day. I thought L&S was a near perfect blend of Old Disney lovingly crafted animation with New Disney hip and clever dialogue.

These two guys showed a real touch for wringing emotion out of this story, while at the same time giving a nod to the previous masterpieces from Disney animation.

Say it ain't so, Walt!

A lead singer of the bands often leaves to pursue a solo career. Sometimes going solo works out, and sometimes it does not. That's just the way it is. Everyone wants more fame and fortune.

I think I will start a new thread every time I want to post.

Yeah but at disney it seems everybody flee's as soon as they can. Pixar will follow as soon as thewir contract is up IMHO.

There was a day when the top animation talent wanted to work for Disney. It was considered to be a the place where the best of the best practiced their art. Now its the place where the best of the best leave to find a better place to work. It just so sad and so unnecessary.

This is just more of history repeating itself.

My hope is that this is not "More Mice leaving a sinking ship."
Other posts have insinuated that managements support of traditional animation is nonexistant, regardless of whatever sucess L&S may enjoy.

I would probably do the same thing if I were in their ears.
Would you want to be thought of as the unappreciated talent of yesteryear.

It seems that the marketing mice have given up on all us boomers and are setting their traps with cheese for our kids.

What specifically is the solution? If Disney was deterioriated as a place artists want to work, how long will it take to bring it back?

When a valuable talent jumps ship for a competitor, that's an automatic sign of a problem (and certainly that has been happening)

But when they decide to go into business for themselves, its not an automatic sign of a problem. Some people (including Walt Disney), just don't want to work for someone else.

Maybe one of our insiders has a little more info on this specific situation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter