Limited Mobility & Visiting Resorts

Raidra

Mouseketeer
My parents are in town and my mother has some mobility issues. She uses a walker when out, and generally can't walk very far at a time or do inclines. They're mainly just hanging out at our house, so we're not renting a wheelchair or ECV. However.. I'd love to show them SOMETHING Disney. We may do a light dinner or snack at the Contemporary or GF and watch the fireworks, because I'm thinking that should work okay for her.

But what other resorts might we be able to visit, where I could maybe drop her off at the doors, and where she wouldn't have to do a ton of walking or hills but still enjoy herself?

We were going to just visit some of the playgrounds around here to keep busy, but now it looks like rain for most of the week.

Thanks!

Last edited:
You would be better off accompanying her in the resort(s) rather than dropping her off.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo is a good place to visit, you can see animals roaming about.

Different resorts have differnt kinds of things to see -- architecture, historical displays, etc.

All resorts require walking around. I would think that Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk and Port Orleans French Quarter have at least one fairly compact area with a lot of different decorations. Still, I think that every resort has more than 1000 rooms so other decorations and theming are spread out over all of the main corridors and walkways needed to get to the rooms. (The branch corridors that the rooms open onto usually have minimal decoration.) Now,

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter