Line access question.

Friendly Frog

DIS veteran with a mouse on her back.
I am seeking a resource for line access information. The park disability map transfer icons seem that it can mean transfer is needed in order to get in the ride vehicle, but sometimes it also seems to means you must transfer just to go through the line? How can I tell the difference? The disibility map also often says "see a castmember..." but a castmember is not always easily available, especially if you are solo with no " runner". ( For example often no one is outside of Pirates. ) I hope to find actual line access information ahead of park arrival. Not everyone has a " runner" or someone to push a manual chair through the line.

On a side note, it seems like every time I go, some ride that allowed a scooter or power chair, no longer allows them. :-( I was shocked for instance that you could no longer take a scooter through the line on It's a Small World, yet they would want people to transfer to a manual wheel chair to travel down that steep incline! Can you still take an ECV down to the ride load area of Splash Mountain?

Thanks

A wheelchair symbol means the attraction/line is ECV and wheelchair accessible.
A stick figure getting of a wheelchair means the line is accessible, but all guests need to transfer to a ride vehicle.
A stick figure getting off the ECV and into a wheelchair means the line and attraction are wheelchair accessible, but not ECV accessible. It can sometimes also mean the line is both ECV and wheelchair accessible, but there is an accessible ride vehicle which is only wheelchair accessible.
A stick figure getting off an ECV, to a wheelchair, then out of the wheelchair means the line is only wheelchair accessible and all guests must transfer to a ride vehicle.

For asking a CM at a ride, look for the CM at the Fastpass entrance. There will always be one there and there is usually also one near (but maybe not right by) the Stand you entrance.

On a side note, it seems like every time I go, some ride that allowed a scooter or power chair, no longer allows them. :-( I was shocked for instance that you could no longer take a scooter through the line on It's a Small World, yet they would want people to transfer to a manual wheel chair to travel down that steep incline! Can you still take an ECV down to the ride load area of Splash Mountain?

Thanks
the situation like you mentioned at Small World is usually a temporary thing when the area at the bottom of the ramp is already filled with ECVs. I have seen that happen and seen the CM tell the guest where they can park their ECV and get an attraction wheelchair. If the CM doesn’t explain it (or doesn’t explain it well), the guest may not know it’s temporar.

I know there have been past situations a couple of times at Haunted Mansion with ECVs. When that has happened, they temporarily stop ECVs in line while they figured out what caused the issue and how to prevent it.

There are also temporary line changes that might affect ECVs going in line. Fastpass queues generally stay the same, but the Standby lines are often reconfigured based on the wait time - short waits have a more direct route, longer waits get reconfigured to have more twists and turns. Certain configurations might be tighter and less likely for an ECV to fit.
The type of ECV can make a difference too. Both size and number of wheels can make a difference. 3 wheel ECVs can make sharper turns.

Thank you Sue, that will be very helpful. PS, so glad to see you are still here. ( I have been away for a while. ) It looks like on the park map, Small World is another one that wants you to transfer to a chair all the time.

Last edited:
Thank you Sue, that will be very helpful. PS, so glad to see you are still here. ( I have been away for a while. ) It looks like on the park map, Small World is another one that wants you to transfer to a chair all the time.
thanks
No - it’s actually one of the confusingly marked ones which have a wheelchair accessible boat, but the boat is not ECV accessible . So, if you want to ride that boat, you need to transfer.

I missed writing anything about Splash Mountain; I’m not sure if guests are allowed to bring an ECV into the boarding area.
My guess is no, for safety reasons. Guests with mobility devices wait in the holding area after going thru the line, but then have to go to the exit for boarding. Since this crosses the path other guests are using to exit, there would be more safety concerns.

thanks
No - it’s actually one of the confusingly marked ones which have a wheelchair accessible boat, but the boat is not ECV accessible . So, if you want to ride that boat, you need to transfer.

I missed writing anything about Splash Mountain; I’m not sure if guests are allowed to bring an ECV into the boarding area.
My guess is no, for safety reasons. Guests with mobility devices wait in the holding area after going thru the line, but then have to go to the exit for boarding. Since this crosses the path other guests are using to exit, there would be more safety concerns.

when we exited Splash last week we noticed ECVs all parked once we went up the ramp to leave the boarding area and start heading toward where the pictures are. It’s a short walk from there to the ride loading but they were not allowing ECVs into the load/unload area. HTH.

I don't know if things have changed, but I used to drive my old mobility scooter all of the way down by the guests exiting and parked my old mobility scooter next to the wall.

But maybe things have changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!