Linen rental advice, any experts?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
The venue that we booked for my daughter's small wedding reception in January has chairs that are 36" x 36" square. This is OK as I am planning on putting two rows of them down to seat 40 of 50 guest right below the head table. (ten tables in each row) Now I did my calculations correct in regards to the linen rentals because I checked with a vendor we might use. (L x W x D)= 360" x 132", which would come out to me using four rectangle tablecloths at 90" x 132". But the vendor suggested I use five instead of four. Wonder why? Money grab or legitimate knowledge of what we would need?

no idea re weddings but haven’t you ever noticed that most venues use two tablecloths per table.

I think what you’re talking about are called table toppers or overlays - they’re usually a different color - as far as # of tablecloths - don’t forget about the drop on each end and also allowing for a bit of overlap - personally, I would trust the vendor

I think what you’re talking about are called table toppers or overlays - they’re usually a different color - as far as # of tablecloths - don’t forget about the drop on each end and also allowing for a bit of overlap - personally, I would trust the vendor
I think you are right about the topper, overlays. I did add in the drop on both sides. A 30" inch one. Comes to a perfect set of four tablecloths, so that is what caught me off guard. But I am now realizing that I can buy these tablecloths online for half of what I would rent them for. So I may look into doing that.

I think you are right about the topper, overlays. I did add in the drop on both sides. A 30" inch one. Comes to a perfect set of four tablecloths, so that is what caught me off guard. But I am now realizing that I can buy these tablecloths online for half of what I would rent them for. So I may look into doing that.
The math here is puzzling me. If I understand your first post, you have a long rectangular table of 360" L x 132" wide, made up of 36" square tables. The tablecloths you're looking at are 90"x132". I don't see where the drop is included in your numbers.

Also, I suspect the vendor recommended adding a 5th cloth so you can overlap the tablecloths by a couple inches. Otherwise, you'll likely end up with a gap where the tablecloths meet up.

As for using multiple tablecloths- it'll depend on the condition of the tables being used and the color of the cloths. If the table surfaces have a lot of dents/dings/splinters or have a generally rough surface, you'll want to use two cloths, with the first acting as a pad to smooth the surface out. If you're using a white or light-colored cloth, you'll want to use two, as the table color can often be seen through a light cloth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter