Linking Expedia Grand Calif to Disneyland App

AliciaS

Mouseketeer
Hmmm...I thought that if I called Expedia, got the Disney reservation number, and put that into the Disney website, it would link. It didn't work. I called Disney and she said it will only link about a week out from the trip?! Ack! That makes me nervous. I want to see it on MDE and have everything all in one spot. Ideally the Aulani part of the trip would be in the same spot as well. Is there a way to link it earlier? Do I call back and get a different cast member? I could have sworn it linked earlier when I did this year ago.

Thank you!

Alicia

Wanted to add this really makes me nervous because Expedia only allows 4 people per room since they don't recognize that Disney doesn't charge extra for the fifth person. I NEED Disney to know there are 5 people in the room so we get two queens and a day bed. Again...could have sworn we linked them earlier years ago.

Hmmm...I thought that if I called Expedia, got the Disney reservation number, and put that into the Disney website, it would link. It didn't work. I called Disney and she said it will only link about a week out from the trip?! Ack! That makes me nervous. I want to see it on MDE and have everything all in one spot. Ideally the Aulani part of the trip would be in the same spot as well. Is there a way to link it earlier? Do I call back and get a different cast member? I could have sworn it linked earlier when I did this year ago.

Thank you!

Alicia
Disneyland doesn't use MDE. It uses the Disneyland app. Additionally, I don't believe that you can see your hotel reservations on the app, only the website.

Have you tried going to the Disneyland website and pulling up your reservation there? You cannot link a reservation in the Disneyland app like you can in MDE. To see your reservation you have to put in your reservation number and phone number every time you want to see it.

Edit to add: You can see your party listed on the reservation

Last edited:

Disneyland does not use MDE. I think you should just call them and tell them about the 5th person.

Sorry! I'm so used to calling it MDE.

I went to the DisneyLand website - https://secure-bookdlr.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcdlr/en_US/_framework/components/processEngine

I put in the 8-digit number Expedia gave me as the Disney reservation number and my phone number with and without dashes, my husband's number, and our home number. Nothing works. I called the number suggested and the Cast Member said they can't link third party reservations until a week before check-in. She said she can't even see it.

Does that sound right or should I call until I get someone who can link them?

Thanks again!

I think the best thing to do is call the hotel directly and let them know how many people will be in the room. I’ve booked Disneyland resort hotels before through Expedia and orbitz and I always called the hotel with any specific room requests.

Sorry! I'm so used to calling it MDE.

I went to the DisneyLand website - https://secure-bookdlr.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcdlr/en_US/_framework/components/processEngine

I put in the 8-digit number Expedia gave me as the Disney reservation number and my phone number with and without dashes, my husband's number, and our home number. Nothing works. I called the number suggested and the Cast Member said they can't link third party reservations until a week before check-in. She said she can't even see it.

Does that sound right or should I call until I get someone who can link them?

Thanks again!

I believe this is correct starting approx. 18 months ago, they went through a system conversion. In the past I could call any length of time in advance to make room requests, etc. I've been told twice now they can't see reservations until "10-days out". I've called later in the 10-day window and they accessed it no problem.

I wouldn't worry too much about your situation. Over a much longer period I've been told consistently the rooms at GCH are "allocated" 3-4 days in advance and that is when room requests are taken into consideration. If there is supply left at check-in, upgrades and further requests may be granted at that time. Keep in mind you want to prioritize your requests: i.e. number of people, room type, location... in order.

So, I would call GCH directly at 9-10 days and ask very graciously if they would verify/update your group info (names/ages) and room requests. Then try to check-in as early as you can and, if necessary/willing, explain that you will wait for the correct room to be available. Those are your best chances, in my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter