Linking Magic Bands for CM and guest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellechin06

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone.

I don't know where this question would go but my cousin just sent me this picture. She is a CM and taking a guest with her. I was initially told that you couldn't link a Magic Band to a Guest Pass but she showed me that she could. Here's the picture for proof. Have the rules changed?

Does this mean that her guest can use fastpass+ through their linked MagicBand?

Thanks for any help and response!

Attachments

• 20170325_131755.png
    20170325_131755.png
    113.3 KB · Views: 199
You don't link tickets (any tickets) to a MagicBand.
You link tickets to a MyDisneyExperience account file.
That file also holds any FP+ reservations.
The tickets and FP+ (etc.) in that MDE file can be accessed by a that guest's MagicBand(s) or ticket card(s.)

Hey everyone.

I don't know where this question would go but my cousin just sent me this picture. She is a CM and taking a guest with her. I was initially told that you couldn't link a Magic Band to a Guest Pass but she showed me that she could. Here's the picture for proof. Have the rules changed?

Does this mean that her guest can use fastpass+ through their linked MagicBand?

Thanks for any help and response!

I was under the impression that this was the case as well, since Guest Passes are re-usable and therefore couldn't be assigned to a specific person (and their MagicBand(s)) in MDE...

You don't link tickets (any tickets) to a MagicBand.
You link tickets to a MyDisneyExperience account file.
That file also holds any FP+ reservations.
The tickets and FP+ (etc.) in that MDE file can be accessed by a that guest's MagicBand(s) or ticket card(s.)

I think the question here is about linking a Guest Pass associated with a cast member's MEP to a specific person on MDE

Last edited:
I have my 3 guest passes and cannot link them on My Disney Experience to a specific guest that I take. I can link fast passes to the guest passes though for our trip.

I have my 3 guest passes and cannot link them on My Disney Experience to a specific guest that I take. I can link fast passes to the guest passes though for our trip.

I'm travelling with my CM friend and his spouse (plus others) this Sept, and this was my understanding of it too.

He can make Fastpass+ reservations on his guest passes, and the 3 users of them would need those Guest Pass cards to enter parks with his wife (he would then self-admit after they enter), and also to use the FPs. The MagicBands they get from our resort would only be for resort room key/room charging purposes, essentially

Thanks for your input everyone. I think since it's the first time my cousin has done this, we were a bit confused.

I understand the it's the MDE that links to the Magic Band. It's just strange that there's an option for a Guest Pass to get a Magic Band assigned and wonder if the person using the Guest Pass can use the Magic Band for their FPs.
Guess this must be a fluke of some sort. -\_(",)_/-

We will just have to find out once it comes time to use it.

Cast members are specifically told not to use MagicBands with our reusable guest passes because they can't be linked to specific people in MDX. Of course, the vast majority of CMs I talk to outside of my role have never actually read the complimentary admissions module on the Hub and have no idea how their stuff works or what they are and aren't allowed to do with it...

Our comp tickets, and the 'guest tickets' that seasonal CMs and CPs get, are allowed to be linked to MDX and MagicBands because each of those is a one-time use anyway.

Cast members are specifically told not to use MagicBands with our reusable guest passes because they can't be linked to specific people in MDX. Of course, the vast majority of CMs I talk to outside of my role have never actually read the complimentary admissions module on the Hub and have no idea how their stuff works or what they are and aren't allowed to do with it...

Our comp tickets, and the 'guest tickets' that seasonal CMs and CPs get, are allowed to be linked to MDX and MagicBands because each of those is a one-time use anyway.

Thanks so much ravenclawtrekkie for that information! It really helps to clear this up. I'll definitely let her know. Thanks again :)

Do you know if there's a way now to unlink the Magic Band from the Guest Pass so the Magic Band can be used by another person?

Can my a CM at Guest Services help with this?

Do you know if there's a way now to unlink the Magic Band from the Guest Pass so the Magic Band can be used by another person?

Can my a CM at Guest Services help with this?
The CM will have to call IT and explain that he/she did not know they were not to link a MB to a Guest Pass.

The recipient/other person needs to be listed on the MDE so that the IT can reassign the MB.

I had a manager at All Star attach my guest main gate to a magic band on a hotel reservation successfully .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!