Linking park tickets bought elsewhere to MB?

ajwilhorn

Mouseketeer
If I purchase tickets through Tickets at Work can I link those into our magicbands for the trip? Or can that only be done with tickets bought direct from Disney?
Thanks.

Nothing is linked directly to your MagicBand. Everything is linked together using your My Disney Experience account. And yes, you can link tickets purchased from 3rd parties to your MDE account and any active MagicBand can access them.

It's very easy to link tickets bought from authorized vendors to your MDE account. (and by extension, to your magic bands on that account.)

Someone should create a picture representation of My Disney Experience (MDE or MDX) for just these types of questions. I'm trying to come up with a rough outline. Not quite sure how accurate it is (we don't normally do DDP). I think also depicting how a credit card would be attached would be helpful - I'm thinking it would go with the Resort stay but I could be off. Might be attached to an ADR as well.

.................................Magic Bands
.........................................|
.........................................|
.........................................V
DDP ---> Resort Stay ---> MDE <--- Tickets <--- FP+s
.....................^..................^
.....................|...................|
.....................|...................|
.............Credit Card ----> ADRs

It might get too detailed trying to depict how items attach to each person defined within MDE (Person 1: MBs & Tickets/FP+s, Person 2: MBs & Tickets/FP+s, etc.), but I think starting out with a simple chart might help folks understand how items are connected.

(EDIT: Unfortunately the spacing if off when posting this - so ignore the periods I had to use to get everything to line up correctly.)

Nothing is on your magic band.
You link the tickets to MDE.
You link the magic band to MDE.
The magic band accesses the info on your MDE account.
Yes you can link the ticket bought elsewhere to your MDE as long as you have the ticket number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter