Lion King and Other Summer Movies

Some are saying that THIS will be The Lion King for the younger generation. Far more meaningful to this generation than the old animated one.

We saw Lion King last night and I thought it was well done. DH is more of a fan of the original and just loved it.

We’re going to see yesterday later today.

I'm a big movie gal, so there are a ton I want to see.

Just saw a screening of Fargo at a nearby theater and I'll be back on my birthday (Aug 2) because they're screening Casablanca.

As for new movies, I saw Midsommar last week (disappointing) and will be seeing Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Yesterday, and maybe the new Child's Play - if I'm brave enough. I know it's more silly than scary, but I am a legitimate baby. My sister and I also want to see Blinded by the Light, because she's a huge Springsteen fan.

Going to see I Love Lucy: A Colorized Celebration to mark Lucy’s 108th Birthday 🎁 on August 6.

My sister and I also want to see Blinded by the Light, because she's a huge Springsteen fan.

I saw a commercial for that for the first time yesterday. While I do like that movies are being made with music. I hope it is a trend that keeps going. Having seen 3 musical movies in 7 months, I am kind of done with them for a while. Also, I'm not that big of a Springsteen fan.

I saw my first long trailer for Downton Abbey. Yes, I will see it.

I'm also interested in Once Upon a Time in America and Hobbs and Shaw.

I saw Engdame 5 times and saw the new Spiderman last weekend. I don't think there's anything else I'll need to see in the theater this summer. Not a fan of the live action remakes at all.

I saw my first long trailer for Downton Abbey. Yes, I will see it.

There is a Downton Abbey special on PBS. If your channel is still doing a pledge drive, they are showing it. The actor who plays Carson hosted it. The creator of Downton, Julian Fellows talks a bit on his inspiration for the different characters.

Wow, I loves Spider-Man: Far From Home! I thought it was the best Marvel movie yet, and that's saying something!

Also, to clarify, Zendaya does not play MJ as in Mary Jane Watson, she plays Michelle Jones, who also goes by MJ for short. I noticed confusion when I was talking to a coworker who hadn't seen Homecoming and didn't know that (I guess they never call her anything but MJ in the new one). They are not at all the same character other than being a love interest for Peter.

EDIT: Also, to not the new Lion King is not "live action" and is not being claimed or marketed as such by Disney. Others are calling that, but it is not considered such.

You are right about the "live action" cause I bet it would not be easy to get real lions to learn all the words to the songs.
:D

Last edited:
I've seen more Summer movies this year then in past. Pokemon, Aladdin, John Wick 3, Godzilla, Dark Phoenix, Toy Story 4 and Spider-Man: Far From Home. But Avengers: Endgame made my Summer season.

I'll eventually get to Lion King.

Going to see I Love Lucy: A Colorized Celebration to mark Lucy’s 108th Birthday 🎁 on August 6.

I will look for this. My DH love ILL!

WE saw Lion King last night and we all enjoyed it very much. I am not a fan of the original animated version, although I like the Broadway version and have seen it multiple times. I loved the technology.

I did nto enjoy Dumbo and turned it off well before the end.

I have no issues with the casting f Little Mermaid. The story is the story, and if I could manage to deal with an English Belle which was way hard for me, I can handle a Mermaid without red hair.

Loved Lion King
Looking forward to Mulan and Maleficent (the previews we saw)

Going to see Hobbs and Shaw this week

I will look for this. My DH love ILL!

WE saw Lion King last night and we all enjoyed it very much. I am not a fan of the original animated version, although I like the Broadway version and have seen it multiple times. I loved the technology.

I did nto enjoy Dumbo and turned it off well before the end.

I have no issues with the casting f Little Mermaid. The story is the story, and if I could manage to deal with an English Belle which was way hard for me, I can handle a Mermaid without red hair.

Just go to the Fatham Events website to the Lucy ad and you can put in your zip code to find the closest theater to where Lucy is playing. For us it’s at a theater about 20 miles away. We’re big Lucy fans so for us it’s worth it. The show’s at 7 so we’re gonna have dinner early at a Cuban restaurant to mark the occasion (and Desi’s roots!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!