Lion King and Other Summer Movies

Looking forward to seeing Yesterday. DW and I will probably see it this weekend.

I don't like live action remakes of animated movies so Lion King's out. I'm looking forward to Spider Man but DW doesn't like (1) scary movies (2) action movies (3) comic book movies (4) science fiction movies, so Spider-Man's out. The Venn Diagram of what we both want to see right now is very small.

Wow, I loves Spider-Man: Far From Home! I thought it was the best Marvel movie yet, and that's saying something!

Also, to clarify, Zendaya does not play MJ as in Mary Jane Watson, she plays Michelle Jones, who also goes by MJ for short. I noticed confusion when I was talking to a coworker who hadn't seen Homecoming and didn't know that (I guess they never call her anything but MJ in the new one). They are not at all the same character other than being a love interest for Peter.

EDIT: Also, to not the new Lion King is not "live action" and is not being claimed or marketed as such by Disney. Others are calling that, but it is not considered such.

Last edited:

I am skipping the Lion King (skipped Aladdin too).
But I saw Crawl yesterday, loved it!!! So much fun, with some actual intense stuff in there.
hope to see if Thursday.....babysitting this week, so hope it works out

Saw the Lion King reviews, and made me question whether to use my advance ticket purchase. So glad I just went....it was amazing! Yes, the storyline is the same, but that’s not what made the movie. The technology used to make it was incredible. Will make you question everything you see. Also had some humorous tweaks here and there.

I saw the Lion King today. I really enjoyed it. I mean... Once again I was emotionally traumatized, ugly cried all through the Mufasa scene, but it was expected.

I liked the little tweaks that were made and I loved how similar it was to the animated version. I saw all of these Disney films in the theaters with my dad growing up, so I enjoy experiencing them again on the big screen with my own kids.

Milo Ventimiglia from This Is Us, and a golden lab are in a movie coming out in a few weeks called, The Art of Racing in the Rain. He looks absolutely adorable :love: . . . the dog too. :lovestruc :teeth: I wouldn't mind seeing Milo on the big screen. It seems like a sweet summer movie. But, I'm not paying $17 to do that. I'll wait for when the movie airs on cable.

The voice of the dog is Kevin Costner.

Milo Ventimiglia from This Is Us, and a golden lab are in a movie coming out in a few weeks called, The Art of Racing in the Rain. He looks absolutely adorable :love: . . . the dog too. :lovestruc :teeth: I wouldn't mind seeing Milo on the big screen. It seems like a sweet summer movie. But, I'm not paying $17 to do that. I'll wait for when the movie airs on cable.

$17?? Really?? Wow, I will take my $5.95 I guess :-) (golden retriever technically, not a lab :-) )

It seems like a sweet summer movie. But, I'm not paying $17 to do that. I'll wait for when the movie airs on cable.
I agree it looks super cute but not $17 cute. I thought $12 was crazy, you probably would NEVER see me in a movie theater at $17.

$17?? Really?? Wow, I will take my $5.95 I guess :-) (golden retriever technically, not a lab :-) )
I agree it looks super cute but not $17 cute. I thought $12 was crazy, you probably would NEVER see me in a movie theater at $17.

Yeah, when I forked over $17 five times to see Bohemian Rhapsody, I really had to love that movie. And I rarely see movies in theatres. So, there pretty much went my movie budget for a whole year - that I hadn't even planned on spending in the first place! :upsidedow

The book was Fantastic.

Saw Toy Story 4 and enjoyed it. Going to see Lion King this afternoon and looking forward to it. Probably will see The Art of Racing in the Rain, since I just read the book, and enjoyed the book.

I'm excited to see the Lion King. I don't really go by reviews since I've seen some movies that are highly regarded and I've come out of the movie thinking what the heck did I just watch. I love the music including the new song Beyonce sings, I'm looking forward to seeing how the new song flows with the movie. I'm not surprised that the Lion King is very much close to the original. It's such a beloved film that I'm sure Disney wanted to avoid any outrage from changing it drastically.

I accompanied my teen daughters and their friend to this yesterday. I was not into going to see it but ended up loving it! It was done well and very touching. The teens loved it too, also the audience clapped at the end. I'm glad I went to see it.

All the big 3 were amazing, but my favorite was Alladin. Hard to figure why they would release 3 great movies so close, I guess it is all about loading up for a big Disney + opening,

We saw Lion King yesterday. It was very good if you're into the remakes. I think I enjoyed Aladdin the most out of the Disney summer blockbusters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!