Lion King improvement

R-Kane65

Earning My Ears
To those whom have already seen the film, though the effects where well done, the story itself wasn't has fascinating as the original as it was basically the same. What do you think could have been more improved for the film, having an entirely different plot or twist or make it more true to the original play of Shakespeare's Hamlet, that the film was based off?

I'm sure I'll go see it but haven't gotten the motivation yet. After the disappointment of the last couple of remakes I'm really leery. So far I think the only one worth it has been The Jungle Book.

The Jungle Book was also great, I find much better than the Lion King remake. But to those who have seen it what are your opinions on what could have been done better? If it had a different twist? If it was more relatable to Hamlet?

I was very disappointed in the lion king remake. #1) this was not a live action anything as CGI is just animation. 2) an actual live action Lion King would just be Hamlet 3) it just does not retain the magic that the first one brings to the big screen.

Disney would have benefited from the saying “it it ain’t broke don’t fix it.”

If you really want to see an animal live action lion king just see it on broadway

I can’t agree with you on broadway. Apart from some of the slight changes, I am also disappointed with Lion King remake. So if you wanted the remake to be good, what would you put in to give it a different twist in plot, and would you prefer a happy ending as Disney always does or a tragic ending like Hamlet?

So beautiful and I was impressed. As I know a lot of people disliked. But for me was great!

At this point I'm just going to wait for the video release. Haven't had much interest in seeing it since I didn't find the trailers inspiring.

Its just a beautifil movie. I will never complain about remakes of such classics. Like them to much. Sorry.

I haven't seen it just yet, but was hoping they would include more of the lioness' peril living at Pride Rock during Scar's rule... And I would have loved if Nala performed "Shadowland" from the musical.

I am a huge Lion King fan... I was one of those "fandom" kids back in 1997 posting on lionking.org rumor Mill and making character websites... So it takes a lot to really wow me with this franchise, ha, plus the sentimental attachment. This new one didn't pull me to see at the theater.. I think it's the lack of expression in the animation. Maybe I'll change my tune next month when I actually see it.

No, the animation is not the problem. The problem is it just has the same story as the original, unlike Maleficent and Dumbo, it has no different twist in the plot.

That's good for you. But I (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) think the story could have been done better, this is for those who think the same.

I've watched part of it but just can't get into it. I find myself getting annoyed. The CGI is great but everything else is just bland. It seems to lack the charm and wit of the original. I'll take the original animated anytime. Sorry John!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!