List of Which Rides Don't Generally Need FPs??

Princess Katelet

Mouseketeer
Hello, is there a list of which rides in which parks generally don't need FPs? I can guess on a lot of them but that would be based off my last trip in 2010 before the massive FP overhaul.

Is there a list of rides which absolutely DO need them if you want to avoid hour long waits?

Thanks!

Do fp: 7DMT, Space Mtn, Big Thunder, FOP, Everest, Safari, SDD, TOT, RocknRoller coaster, Test Track, Soarin, Frozen...but really depends if you are rope dropping. You can rope drop any of these and not have to fp them.

Do fp: 7DMT, Space Mtn, Big Thunder, FOP, Everest, Safari, SDD, TOT, RocknRoller coaster, Test Track, Soarin, Frozen...but really depends if you are rope dropping. You can rope drop any of these and not have to fp them.

I've heard JUST that....if we rope drop, a FP on most of those aren't needed. It was suggested for me when I gave my plan for EPCOT, to FP Soarin the RP Test Track, head over to Frozen next then take the leisurely walk over to Soarin. I was told I should be able to do all three within an hour or so. I was told to do a FP on Soarin in the 9:30-9:45 area.

Really depends on time of day and time of year. We always go in the off season and have never rope dropped. Safari has often been 15 minutes or less in the mornings and late afternoon. TOT often walk on early evening. Everest 20 mins or less before noon or later afternoon. Big Thunder is a toss up. It can be anywhere from 10 minutes to 60 minutes up and down throughout the day.

I was told HM in MK doesn't need a FP. Any input?

We got a FP for Haunted Mansion in November because:
  • We're going Thanksgiving week
  • We have 2 MK days, so 6 total FPs to use in the park
  • We're not ones that have to ride something multiple times on a trip
  • We're going to be in Liberty Square right in the middle of the day.
At the time of day we will be in the area (12:00-2:00), given the other conditions, I would expect HM to be a 30-45 minute wait. So, yes, there can be value in a getting a FP for HM. Since we're going to be in MK for 2 days, could we have secured a 2nd FP for Mine Train, Space, or Big Thunder? Sure, we could have. But, we decided that since Thanksgiving week is going to be busier than what we normally experience, we looked to save time where we could without duplicating rides. If the opportunity presents itself at the end of the night to grab a last minute 2nd ride on Big Thunder, we'll take it, but by saving time earlier in the day by using a FP at an attraction that will have an above normal line, we think it helps our overall touring strategy.

"Need", no...highly suggest one, yes. The line for it can get pretty long at times. Sometimes it's not bad at all, but it's not uncommon for it to reach 45, 60+ minutes. However, FP+ for it are really easy to get, even as a 4th, 5th, etc...so that's a ride you can do without pre-planning. It's one of my favorites!!

After learning the hard way we rope drop Soarin’ and FP Test Track. Twice we got stuck in the TT line at rope drop because the ride was down. If you have a FP and it goes down during your window they will honor it later—if not, it’s standby line later.

Ever since seeing the standby line at over 60 min one time, we always get FP for Haunted Mansion and it usually pays off. The only consequence is that you bypass the interactive queue, which was created to amuse guests while waiting on standby.

We have never had to FP HM.

Thanks for that. I guess it just depends on what time you're there! :D

We got a FP for Haunted Mansion in November because:
  • We're going Thanksgiving week
  • We have 2 MK days, so 6 total FPs to use in the park
  • We're not ones that have to ride something multiple times on a trip
  • We're going to be in Liberty Square right in the middle of the day.
At the time of day we will be in the area (12:00-2:00), given the other conditions, I would expect HM to be a 30-45 minute wait. So, yes, there can be value in a getting a FP for HM. Since we're going to be in MK for 2 days, could we have secured a 2nd FP for Mine Train, Space, or Big Thunder? Sure, we could have. But, we decided that since Thanksgiving week is going to be busier than what we normally experience, we looked to save time where we could without duplicating rides. If the opportunity presents itself at the end of the night to grab a last minute 2nd ride on Big Thunder, we'll take it, but by saving time earlier in the day by using a FP at an attraction that will have an above normal line, we think it helps our overall touring strategy.

We are going the second week of June, not as busy and I suppose I can get the fast pass and be safe than sorry. :P

"Need", no...highly suggest one, yes. The line for it can get pretty long at times. Sometimes it's not bad at all, but it's not uncommon for it to reach 45, 60+ minutes. However, FP+ for it are really easy to get, even as a 4th, 5th, etc...so that's a ride you can do without pre-planning. It's one of my favorites!!

I REALLY appreciate the knowledge you have and you giving me sound advice. I have my other threads with your advice screenshot so I can just pull it up on my phone when the time comes to make our FP ressies! And I will keep in mind, that after we use that first FP to go ahead and get that HM FP immediately after! THANKS! :thanks:

Ever since seeing the standby line at over 60 min one time, we always get FP for Haunted Mansion and it usually pays off. The only consequence is that you bypass the interactive queue, which was created to amuse guests while waiting on standby.

I will keep that in mind and maybe talk to son and see how he feels about it. I'm running all the rides by him first before even considering making a FP. 3 years ago, we weren't as successful on rides as I hoped. It just wasn't my son's thing and I was VERY surprised and disappointed. :sad1:

Ones I don't recommend getting:
AK: KRR, Primeval Whirl, Triceratop Spin, and Dinosaur (sometimes).
HS: Star Tours
Epcot: Figment, Nemo, Three Caballeros, Spaceship Earth and Mission Space (sometimes)
MK: Dumbo, Barnstormer, IASW, Speedway (Sometimes), Laugh Floor, Astro Orbiter, Carousel, Winnie the Pooh (sometimes)
Sorry if I missed any :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter