Listened to Disney Dining vlog on road trip..........oh boy

dkrauss

Goofy Fan from Jersey
Driving home to the Jersey Shore from a graduation in Pittsburgh yesterday my wife and I passed the time listening to the DIS Dining vlog. Its a great way to pass the time and catch up on dining for our August trip. The one show that had the most impact on us was the "Not" dining review of the California Grill.

So much information is in a show that wasn't a review........but IMHO really was :P. We enjoyed the vlog (note I was driving and NOT watch :-)) most specifically the info on entrees. Both my wife and I started to get hungry! As I said we're visiting WDW in August. Our first day is at an offsite location near Disney Springs. Our plan was to spend the day at DS. Well after the Cali Grill review...........our plan as changed slightly. We talked about maybe getting a reservation for that first evening and then staying and watch the fireworks from the viewing stand. Well we're at 120 days away so our ADR was months ago. So what.....its worth a try. So this morning I logged on to MDE and guess what was available........yup Cali Grill reservations. We snagged one for 5:40........kinda early for fireworks we know. So we'll have our "steak"........oh yeah!.......and then we go have a drink. When its time will bop back up to the 14th floor for the fireworks.

We've eaten at the California Grill previously so we know how good it is. Then we had a perfect time and great seat but it RAINED! We're hoping this time we luck out..........but we also know it will be August 8-)
In the end it won't matter because the dinner should be magnificent! So in the end Thanks Pete (and the guys on the Disney Dining Vlog) you made this one happen! :D

Doug :goofy:

PS. We'll be getting the Oak-fired filet.......and the bison and share!

Must admit I did the same thing after watching that episode but nothing has shown up yet for our upcoming trip (we are a party of 9 so a little more challenge)

Definitely is one of our favorite places!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter