Live action Mickey Mouse movie

How could Mickey be live action? He's a mouse.

Well, I think it would be along the lines of Mickey would be animated and the world would be live action. That said, it's nothing I think they should be doing. I wouldn't mind an actual feature-length animated movie starring Mickey and the gang though.

Well, I think it would be along the lines of Mickey would be animated and the world would be live action. That said, it's nothing I think they should be doing.
I have to agree, that sounds terrible!

With the way the question was posed, why is anyone even entertaining this? Just answer "no" and move on.

I'm curious as to why we haven't gotten a Mickey Mouse movie in general in such a long time.

I'm curious as to why we haven't gotten a Mickey Mouse movie in general in such a long time.

There actually has never been a Mickey Mouse movie, a feature-length one anyway. It's kind of an oversight. Heck, he's getting his first true Disney Parks ride this year!

There actually has never been a Mickey Mouse movie, a feature-length one anyway. It's kind of an oversight. Heck, he's getting his first true Disney Parks ride this year!
I wonder if there's a true "need" to create a full-length movie. Between the children's shows and the newly imagined shorts, would a movie water down the character? Even the new ride sounds like it's themed to the shorts. They'd have to come up with a truly solid and compelling story to risk the film.

I wonder if there's a true "need" to create a full-length movie. Between the children's shows and the newly imagined shorts, would a movie water down the character? Even the new ride sounds like it's themed to the shorts. They'd have to come up with a truly solid and compelling story to risk the film.

True enough. Mickey does seem to lend himself to shorts. Then again, if the right story came along, I don't see why they couldn't do it. It'd definitely have to be more than just Mickey though - it needs to include Donald, Goofy, etc. for sure.

True enough. Mickey does seem to lend himself to shorts. Then again, if the right story came along, I don't see why they couldn't do it. It'd definitely have to be more than just Mickey though - it needs to include Donald, Goofy, etc. for sure.
Wonder if they'd do a live-action hybrid a la "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" or "The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle".

Wonder if they'd do a live-action hybrid a la "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" or "The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle".

I think I could be into that, but only if Mickey were paired in real life with Walt, even if played by Tom Hanks. I'd call it "Partners."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!