Live Action Star Wars show coming to Disney Streaming service

I got excited (this has been a long time coming), then I remembered it's Disney and might go in a very different direction. I can imagine the pilot pitch:

"Lex Arusso and her brothers Jax and Mustin come from a long line of Jedi and now must master their newly learned powers or lose them forever. Their dad, Xerry, gave up the Jedi Order when he married their mom. The family business is Waverly Power Converter Sub Station in busy Toschii, and the three young padawans get into all sorts of crazy situations as they grow up facing typical youngling challenges like the Jedi Academy, friends, family and the Force. Preliminary working title: Space Wizards of Waverly Place".

I doubt they would do it, but Dr. Aphra from the comic series would make a great TV series ... Basically Indiana Jones/Lara Croft in the Star Wars universe. The current series takes place between eps 4 and 5, and allows the exploration of the various cultures/religions (dealing with the archeology aspect) along with the smuggler underground and doesn't interfere with the movie stuff too much.

I doubt they would do it, but Dr. Aphra from the comic series would make a great TV series ... Basically Indiana Jones/Lara Croft in the Star Wars universe. The current series takes place between eps 4 and 5, and allows the exploration of the various cultures/religions (dealing with the archeology aspect) along with the smuggler underground and doesn't interfere with the movie stuff too much.

Well, she interacts with Darth Vader in in the Vader comics

They can only have doctor aphra if she brings 000 and beetee.

That's a given!

Well, she interacts with Darth Vader in in the Vader comics

Even though the Vader/Aphra origin (and the entire Vader 1st series) was amazing, they could probably cover some of that stuff as a quick summary or flashbacks for her, the droids and Black Krrsantan. No reason you still couldn't have Vader as a guest now and again like they did with Rebels. You could get anybody in the costume for live action. Figure it would follow more like her current solo series (which Vader just guested in again) where she's done working for him. Having the Vader connection could be great way to bring in the fans though.

An Aphra series is probably just fanboy dreaming, but if they don't use her in any movies it would just be a shame to waste the potential of the characters (including the supporting cast)

Even though the Vader/Aphra origin (and the entire Vader 1st series) was amazing, they could probably cover some of that stuff as a quick summary or flashbacks for her, the droids and Black Krrsantan. No reason you still couldn't have Vader as a guest now and again like they did with Rebels. You could get anybody in the costume for live action. Figure it would follow more like her current solo series (which Vader just guested in again) where she's done working for him. Having the Vader connection could be great way to bring in the fans though.

An Aphra series is probably just fanboy dreaming, but if they don't use her in any movies it would just be a shame to waste the potential of the characters (including the supporting cast)

Oh I agree - and I guess that is some of what I am wondering ... for this and the new trilogy of movies they just announced - even if the focus isn't on the current characters is it set in roughly the same time period so you could have cameos and stuff as well - be it Vader or other droids or wookies we know, or even like on Rebels with Lando and stuff

Well, a lot of people (myself included) enjoy the animated show "Rebels" so I think we have to have faith.

From what I've read...rebels was a compromise to dave Filoni to keep him in the disney folds when strategic planning shut down the Lucas Star Wars projects...I think he had other offers.

So rebels is really just an extension of clone wars with the same peoplemore or less.

A new Star Wars show is gonna be 100% disney designed/angled...that's a big time unknown prospect.

...and I've seen a bunch of references on all that old Lucas 90's/2000's stuff the last couple of threads...

They are crystal clear: that stuff isn't coming back...nor shouldn't.

Gotta let the space catalog stuff go...seriously.

Has there been any official word on what this show is about or do we just know that it is Star Wars?

This and the chance of a lot of Disney classic's is why I'll pay for this service. I only pay for Netflix (and amazon, but that's mainly for shipping reasons) on top of my cable bill, I'll add this in a heartbeat. Just hope this ends up good.

This and the chance of a lot of Disney classic's is why I'll pay for this service. I only pay for Netflix (and amazon, but that's mainly for shipping reasons) on top of my cable bill, I'll add this in a heartbeat. Just hope this ends up good.

Just wondering if you will terminate your Netflix account or will you renew that too? It will be interesting to see how many people choose this service and get rid of their Netflix accounts.

Just wondering if you will terminate your Netflix account or will you renew that too? It will be interesting to see how many people choose this service and get rid of their Netflix accounts.

I'll keep my Netflix account, I get enough out of their exclusive made shows. Now if the content slows down or there isn't much I want to watch I may cancel and just renew it when certain shows (Stranger Things for example) come on... in fact now that I mention it that might be what I do. Cancel Netflix and just renew month to month when something pops up. Losing the Marvel shows is a big loss for me for Netflix.

I'll keep my Netflix account, I get enough out of their exclusive made shows. Now if the content slows down or there isn't much I want to watch I may cancel and just renew it when certain shows (Stranger Things for example) come on... in fact now that I mention it that might be what I do. Cancel Netflix and just renew month to month when something pops up. Losing the Marvel shows is a big loss for me for Netflix.

The presence of marvel shows on the new streaming service and not on Netflix is gonna make a HUGE difference. That’s definitely going to be a major drawing factor in Disney’s favor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!