Live actors cut from ROL

Well, we know of some of the citizens of Hollywood being cut and the character meets and other things associated with Rafiki’s Planet Watch closing
Plus Jack Sparrows pirate tutorial
Move it shake it + Starlord and Groots meet also leaving but a new version of move it shake it (for Mickey and minnie’s 90th) and a new Walt Disney presents meet (mike and sully) were announced

The Show have very nice effects and the technology behind it is amazing BUT is so abstract and tries to serenade the public to the point where there is not meaning in the story, I go to Disney for Disney feelings, stories, characters, Why on earth they didn’t include their product on this show? Imagineers where too bored of Disney that they whent for a different approach, like they did with Illuminations, but they failed. Hopefully they will rethink this show is not something in my list, done once and that was enough.

Yo do realize that mid-September is by far the least busiest time of year at Disney.
Yeah, I was responding to the person that said it was packed on those days, and IMHO it wasn't. Besides, that same week Navi had hour long waits.

In the future, feel free to read the quoted text before being snarky.

Yeah, I was responding to the person that said it was packed on those days, and IMHO it wasn't. Besides, that same week Navi had hour long waits.

In the future, feel free to read the quoted text before being snarky.

I do agree that it's not crazy like Pandora, mainly FoP. However, on the same trip I got same day FoP for (2), and was able to refresh it from 5:30pm to 1:45 over the course of 45min.

Overall TSL is definitely not in the same ball park for wait times, but the area is still popular enough to make visiting that section a bit claustrophobic. A.S.S. was also about a 35min wait for us so we did standby while we had a FP for SD. I think the wait time for it was around 75min our whole trip, aside from park opening and later in the evening.

I think we can both agree that SW is going to be insane, and very much like Pandora in terms of wait times and crowds.

not a big fan of the show, but removing the few actors in the show seems to be a mistake.
I kept hoping they would change and improve the show, but it hasn't happened yet.
The show isn't bad, but it is my least favorite evening show at WDW.

Plus Jack Sparrows pirate tutorial
Move it shake it + Starlord and Groots meet also leaving but a new version of move it shake it (for Mickey and minnie’s 90th) and a new Walt Disney presents meet (mike and sully) were announced

I had heard about move it shake it but not Starlord and Groot. That is disappointing.

I mentioned in another thread, but I hate this. The actors are important to the show. They may as well just cut the whole thing for a while.

So when I heard this news I had to ask my husband why in the world they would still pay people to roast marshmallows at a dessert event but they won't pay people to perform entertainment (I wouldn't even be surprised if the pay scales aren't even all that different). Does anyone else sometimes want to write in as a shareholder (not just a guest) and say look, we get you want to show profits but maybe cut corners where they make more sense?

Live performers are in the Screen Actors Guild and get equity. That is the highest cost CM, somewhere in the ballpark of $25-$30 an hour.

The CM at the campfire is in the $10 range.

So when I heard this news I had to ask my husband why in the world they would still pay people to roast marshmallows at a dessert event but they won't pay people to perform entertainment (I wouldn't even be surprised if the pay scales aren't even all that different). Does anyone else sometimes want to write in as a shareholder (not just a guest) and say look, we get you want to show profits but maybe cut corners where they make more sense?

The influential shareholders are not going to be in it as fans of Disney and the parks. Anyone that can influence Disney is in it for the investment. Disney is looking to make these people happy.

The influential shareholders are not going to be in it as fans of Disney and the parks. Anyone that can influence Disney is in it for the investment. Disney is looking to make these people happy.
Yes, but without knowing what Disney is doing with the money instead I don't think even fans can say which they prefer. I just look at what we know that Disney is spending money on right now - Galaxy's Edge, Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, Ratatouille, GoG Roller Coaster, the Illuminations replacement, Tron coaster, Space restaurant, etc. Given that and all the things we don't know that Disney is starting to spend money on, I find it hard to second-guess such small operational decisions.

so wait..disney cant afford to pay these live actors with the parking fees they're charging me?

When i referenced in an earlier post that we were "disneyed out". these are the reasons why.

STOP. NICKLE. AND. DIMING. ME. AND. CUTTING. THINGS. FROM. THE. PARKS.

I was thinking something similar when I saw on Facebook a video Disney put out with some giant domino display in a large arena type space and had customized things and was just huge - and was used to promote Toy Story Land

And while it was neat my first thought was “this is a better use of $ than paying the actors in Rivers of Light?”

The Show have very nice effects and the technology behind it is amazing BUT is so abstract and tries to serenade the public to the point where there is not meaning in the story, I go to Disney for Disney feelings, stories, characters, Why on earth they didn’t include their product on this show? Imagineers where too bored of Disney that they whent for a different approach, like they did with Illuminations, but they failed. Hopefully they will rethink this show is not something in my list, done once and that was enough.

It's interesting that you mention the Disney product in terms of Rivers of Light. This is exactly the reason that I love the show. Disney's Animal Kingdom is about more than just the characters and transcends Disney marketing for me. It would feel strange to have a bunch of clips from movies like in Fantasmic and World of Color at this park. I also love that Rivers of Light is abstract and allows our imaginations to flow. Losing the live actors is a terrible choice that makes me concerned for the show's future.

It's interesting that you mention the Disney product in terms of Rivers of Light. This is exactly the reason that I love the show. Disney's Animal Kingdom is about more than just the characters and transcends Disney marketing for me. It would feel strange to have a bunch of clips from movies like in Fantasmic and World of Color at this park. I also love that Rivers of Light is abstract and allows our imaginations to flow. Losing the live actors is a terrible choice that makes me concerned for the show's future.
Agreed 100%

I largely agree - though even in an abstract show you can have a broad storyline and emotional flow and have it build to something. And while I very much like Rivers of Light, I think something like Illumination does a better job of taking you on an emotional journey and builds to a crescendo, etc.

Easily my least favorite nighttime show. How's it doing crowd wise these days?

I expected to hate it but loved it. It was true to what the park is. I really enjoyed it and look forward to seeing it again. With the animals in the water. It was perfect

All the hate it received put a bad taste in my mouth before actually seeing it. I was glad to be surprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter