"Live" from OKW.

My fantasy is that DW would like to hang out at WDW and just enjoy the place with me. :wizard:

Keep the report coming.

(How are you accessing the internet?)

We just got back from the Member's Update at SSR. There was a crowd of about 70 members and we did meet another DISer there - lsket sat right behind us and we discovered he also lives in Indiana. (Hope your DW is feeling better!)

It was a typical update, with a recap of all of the recent changes throughout Disney worldwide, with a special focus on DVC resorts and programs. No mention of any new resorts.

They did have aerial views of the Phase III construction at SSR. Two of the buildings (in the "Carousel" area) look like they could open within the next few months (I don't know if they have advanced the original schedule where they would open in 2007). The last 4 buildings are along the fairway and are well under construction at this time with the structure up on all 4. SSR now has "over 25,500" members and DVC now has reached 97,000 members. It sounds like they are planning some BIG deal when #100,000 is reached. In addition, the winner of the Funniest Videos DVC winner will be announced on air on May 21. (The big winner gets a DVC membership - including annual dues- thru 2054.

As usual, there were a number of DVC logo giveaways at the meeting including an umbrella, parade seat, mints, bleacher blanket and several other gifts.

The program was in the SSR Performance Center, which is a nice venue. The program was done by Senta, a most enthusiatic young woman.

These are offered each Wednesday at 4:00pm and last about an hour. Following the meeting, the SSR models are available for a visit.

We walked over to the SSR marina and caught the 5:15 boat to OKW. Boats run to OKW and DD every 30 minutes from 4:45 - 11:00pm and every hour from 11:00am - 4:45pm.

We spent the day at the Studios, but I never made the Hot Seat.

Regardless, it was another great day! :teeth:

PS- Internet access is usually by laptop with a dialup connection (netzero). Cost is $0.35 per connection for members. I also use a Blackberry for access from the parks, but haven't posted that way this trip. Netzero has a number of good local phone #s. I have used the broadband in the past, but for checking emails, PMs and a few posts, the dialup works just fine.

I had the opportunity to meet another DISer tonight - NJOYURLIFE and her DH are stayong at OKW and contacted me. We had a chance to talk near Olivia's tonite.

It's always fun to have a chance to put faces to the names on the boards. She was very easy to spot with her lime green shirt and DIS pin! :)

Doc,
It was great meeting and chatting with you also. We ended up on the Boardwalk and enjoyed it alot.

I'm chomping at the bit to get there in 2 months--I need my OKW fix!

All good things must come to an end. :(

Our billing statement was on the door an hour ago and we are scurrying around trying to finish breakfast and pack.

We'll head out in another hour for the loooong drive back to Indiana. I plan to stop at TTS to meet Tom Yeary on our way. It will be nice to put a face to the name. We usually fly, but spent a week in GA on our way this year. 2 weeks away has been great.

We had another great day yesterday. Spent the morning at MK- crowds were light even though it was an EMH morning. We took a break in the afternoon - and missed being out when a strong thunderstorm came thru.

Our usual "tradition" is to have dinner at Narcoosee's o our last evening and that's what we did last night. We took a bus to MK and then the resort launch to GF. The dock is right next to Narcoosee's and is very convenient. After a leisurely dinner (the restaurant was pretty well filled) we took the monorail back to MK and then caught a bus to OKW.

We had a relaxing evening and now are caught back in the frenzy of checking closets and drawers to make sure we've not forgotten anything.

All is well ... except for that drive home. :teeth:

Thanks for all our updates! DD22 and I plan to stay at OKW in January for her College graduation trip. It's hard to wait that long. Hope the ride home isn't too sad. At least it should be spring all the way back. :)

Thanks for giving us a little taste of "May Magic" at OKW! I really want to try this time of year some time. We'll be doing the early December thing again this year.

We did get to meet Tom Yeary this morning at TTS. He is as charming in person as he seems on the boards. He has been around timeshares for a long time and really knows the business, as well as the central Florida market.

We got to meet some of the staff as well and they are a very energetic group. Looks like a very efficient team.

We had a good day of travel - only drove about 6 hours today and ended up on the south side of Atlanta- just at the start of rush hour. We still have another 10 hours of driving and will get an early start tomorrow morning for the trip home. It was about 75 when we left Orlando this morning (a high of 86 was predicted). It will be rainy and about 55 at home tomorrow.

... back to reality! :(

:car: Safe Journey the rest of the way DOC.

You've been so great about sharing your Magic with us! :thanks:

~DW ::MinnieMo

Have a safe trip home Doc ! :car:
Thanks for letting us live vicariously through your vacation :3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!