Live from the PC Terminal 8/2/11

11:00 that you selected is your port arrival time. You are not assigned a boarding time, boarding is still by number which you will be given at the port.

Thanks....I had read somewhere that the port arrival time was assigned by Disney after you selected it, so you could have selected 11:00 and have been given a much later time...Glad that we had all the folks help sort it out for us.

Thanks folks that went before.

However, having been on the Maiden, the lines were incredible and it was raining, perhaps the later arrival time has helped.

We were so anxious to get to the port that we took our chances and headed over at 10:20-(we did have an 11:00 check in) the porters took our bags and we parked on level 2. Instead of going to level 3 area we went back downstairs to wait at ground level where the line wasn't as long.n security was a breeze (a little comment about the party we were going to have with our suitcase full of wine and beer). After filling out health forms we were directed to cc line and checked in in no time. By 10:45 we were done and waiting for bording #3... so now we wait. Check in was a breeze!!!!

We were so anxious to get to the port that we took our chances and headed over at 10:20-(we did have an 11:00 check in) the porters took our bags and we parked on level 2. Instead of going to level 3 area we went back downstairs to wait at ground level where the line wasn't as long.n security was a breeze (a little comment about the party we were going to have with our suitcase full of wine and beer). After filling out health forms we were directed to cc line and checked in in no time. By 10:45 we were done and waiting for bording #3... so now we wait. Check in was a breeze!!!!

Glad to hear it sounds like they have worked the bugs out!

Who gives you your boarding number?

The cast member gives you your boarding number when you check in.

When we sailed on 9.4.11 we arrived at the terminal at 11:40 (arrival time was 11-11:30). We were dropped off by our friends and they went back to WDW.

We went through the initial document check on the ground level, were told to go up the escalator to security, we breezed right through security. We then completed our health verification slip, went to the Castaway club check in line. New pictures were taken because ours from last year were dark. We were then given our boarding number of 5..and the cast member told us they were on #17. So we then took some pictures and headed into the boarding line. By 12:30 we were sitting in cabanas eating lunch. DD then rode aquaduck after we were done with lunch. She did not have to wait more than 5 minutes. Our cabin was ready at 1:30. Very smooth process! :thumbsup2

We sailed 9.29. Wow! what a difference from the maiden voyage and even from June when we were on the Dream.
Arrived by car around 10:50. lots of room on the curb to pull up and unload luggage for the porter. Drove into the parking deck. Plenty of spaces. Parked in 1st space on deck 3. entered to cross over into the terminal in skywalk on deck 3. Cast member working checked my ID with no wait - one other family being helped in other line (there were 2 lines) walked across and go to security check. Unlike June and Jan, there was NO line. This is where it was crazy on the previous 2 trips. x-rayed our luggage and moved into the terminal. Got into Castaway Club line (though I think the other line may have been shorter). I had a 11 am port arrival time. It was right around that time, others were already in the terminal, but not a lot. Had about 4-5 families in front of me. someone directed us to which # station would be ours to go to (appears they had a tablet and could tell whose transaction was being completed so you can move down there before they actually finished leaving). Received boarding #3. Cast member stated they had open boarding, but he was mistaken, as the doors were not open for boarding yet. Went and got kids club bracelet. Longest line of the day. . . Less than 10 people in front of us. very quick and easy process. went to restroom and about 5-10 mins later they boarded the 'family of the day' (who happened to be the family that was in check-in line directly behind me). Was on the ship and had photo made by 11:40. Awesome check-in process!

Great! Sounds to me like DCL really got this right despite all the concerns expressed here on the boards and elsewhere. I guess just spreading things out makes it a more pleasant experience for everyone. We are so glad to hear this.

OMG - boarded the Magic on Oct 1st. Crazy easy. So much nicer than in the past.

We arrived to the PC lot a little after 10am, went in, parked. Took our time. leisurely made it over to check in podium and then at 10:30am on the nose, they let us in. Went thru security, and up to check in. Now, one thing I was surprised by - we were the 5th, 6th, and 7th people into the port/to check in, and somehow we got boarding group #3??

So we waited, and the port was not at all crowded. We were able to board the Magic a little before Noon and were eating in Parrot Cay a little after Noon.

:thumbsup2

OMG - boarded the Magic on Oct 1st. Crazy easy. So much nicer than in the past.

We arrived to the PC lot a little after 10am, went in, parked. Took our time. leisurely made it over to check in podium and then at 10:30am on the nose, they let us in. Went thru security, and up to check in. Now, one thing I was surprised by - we were the 5th, 6th, and 7th people into the port/to check in, and somehow we got boarding group #3??

So we waited, and the port was not at all crowded. We were able to board the Magic a little before Noon and were eating in Parrot Cay a little after Noon.

:thumbsup2

Group 1 is concierge and platinum. What was your arrival time? Ours was 11am, we got there around noon, and we were group #3. Really depends on the time you selected online during check-in.

Group 1 is concierge and platinum. What was your arrival time? Ours was 11am, we got there around noon, and we were group #3. Really depends on the time you selected online during check-in.

Port arrival time was at 11am chosen online. Interesting that we got there at 10:30am and got #3 and you got there at Noon and got #3! We should've gotten #2, but no biggie - we boarded within minutes of group #2.

Port arrival time was at 11am chosen online. Interesting that we got there at 10:30am and got #3 and you got there at Noon and got #3! We should've gotten #2, but no biggie - we boarded within minutes of group #2.

What I was trying to say was - your boarding group is based on the time you selected online - NOT the time that you actually arrive. If you got there at 11:30, you would still have #3. It's pre-assigned so I was told when I checked in - that our number was pre-assigned. So even tho they were boarding #12, we had the earlier number. Now, that was back on 8/2, the first day they did it. Maybe they have changed it since then, but it seemed fine to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter