Live Like You Are Dying: My FIRST DISNEY PTR

Edelweiss

Mouseketeer
Hello!

The DIS board has absolutely been fantastic and thanks to all the great members, the deal has been sealed. We are taking our first family vacation to Disneyland!

Two weeks ago, if you would of told me that we would be taking a trip to Disneyland, I honestly would have told you that you were crazy.:scared1: No offense to the members on this board, but I'm NOT the mom that plans family vacations. We haven't really done a family vacation. I didn't take family vacations as a kid. The whole concept is pretty foreign to me. And to go to Disneyland? What?

I went to Disneyland once in high school as part of a choir trip. It was 1 day and tightly controlled. I don't remember anything but the teacups and getting Mickey Ears with my name on them. I didn't experience the Disney magic.

But then two weeks ago, my neighbor (who had just turned 50 years old) was killed by his carport that crushed him when it collapsed. Suddenly my sweet neighbor whom I run with was left a widow and her children were left without a father.

The funeral was sad, of course, but also I had an ephiphany there. This family was AWESOME at making memories. They went to all sorts of different places and DID things. They talked alot about how their Dad loved to go places. He was very spontaneous and fun. I decided right then and there that we are going to RIGHT NOW be that family that does things too. We are going to start making some memories. As I learned, life is too short and too precious to not spend time with the ones you love.

Disneyworld is totally out of our budget, but thanks to this board, Disneyland is not. It is still daunting (VERY DAUNTING) to try and plan this trip. But I have figured out a few things. I would us to go to Disneyland for about 6 days. I would like to stay at the Grand Californian (LOVE what everyone says about it) and I would like to go around Oct. 12th but that is flexible.

So please please please if any of you have any advice that might be able to help me about Disneyland or a good trip report to read, please send it my way! I am going to need all the help I can get to make this Disneyland dream a reality! But I am so excited! :banana:

Have a GREAT day!:hippie:

Athough I can not help at all with a trip to Disneyland I completely agree with the sentiment that is your title. In 2009, I went to 4 funerals in one year. 1 of those was my mother's, 2 of those were for my very best friend's children who died exactly 1 month apart(one from a short bout with cancer and 1 from a motorcycle accident) and 1 was for a neighbor who died in a plane crash. During this same time our next door neighbor was diagnosed with a terminal brain disease.

So although I do pay my bills on time and we live debt free(except for our house payment) I will not die with a years salary in the bank. I am just as much(if not more) focused on living for today as I am on saving for tomorrow. I do live my life like I am dying and know that my children will look back on their childhood with tons of great memories of our adventures.

I wish you the best of luck in your planning:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter