Delete Thread

That's a shame that the waiter was rude. You should have asked if you could have spoken to the chef to see if there were GF options to order there. I hate when servers are rude, you're in a business where you're supposed to be nice. The sandwiches at the Breadbox look good, good thing Josh noticed it was the wrong bread. I've never been there, but the food does look appealing.

He said the chips themselves were fried in the fryer, and then he said "f you want GF food you should just go to Sal's". I get they might not have options (although that seemed weird because the pool bars all have similar menus so I didn't think the food would be that different), but he was very ru
What!?! That is horrible.

So I ended up closing the tab and we left. I wished I hadn't ordered the drink because it ended up coming to $10 (gratuity is apparently added in already there) so for the bad service I didn't even have the option
I would NOT have paid for the smoothie!

Turkey
Carved turkey, applewood bacon, Swiss, tomato, avocado, toasted multi-grain with tater tots

2icHtxJl.jpg

This was pretty good! I love tater tots and pickles always so I was happy with the side
That looks really good!

I have to say after all the time she spent making sure the order was correct at the register, that I found this a little alarming. What if he hadn't noticed or had jus trusted that it was GF? Josh was pretty cool about it though, and just brought it back up and asked for one on GF bread:

BP6r3pTl.jpg

Although I did notice afterwards that it seemed like they had moved that lady off register. I know she was probably new and in training, but I wish she'd asked for help if she did
Man, this just wasn't his day, huh? :(

but he was very rude and dismissive with the way he said it like we were wasting his time.
Ugh, I find this so irritating. Not only is it not okay to be rude - in general - but people who are rude about allergy-related stuff? Really annoying. This stuff is serious, people! And also, gluten-free is pretty standard these days, so... :confused: Well at least Josh had a smooth experience at the next place. Oh, wait... :faint:;)

It's okay I'm keeping track of which sandwiches he didn't like for him :rotfl:

r4RVk3A.gif
:rotfl2:

What is it with incompetent people and rude service lol!! There's just way too much of that around!

Sorry to hear the Palm was a bit of a disappointment for you, especially service wise. Though I would have been all over free brussels sprouts, I've never met once we didn't love. But glad to see Josh enjoyed his meal though. We have a Palm not too far from our house, but its never been our favorite. Like in Orlando its always loud and the servers usually have an arrogance to them that I want no part of.

Thanks for your review of the Palm! Sorry about the waiter. Sounds like our waiter from our special anniversary meal at Narcoossee's.

I've been silently following your trip and dining report. Lots of good info as we plan our first trip to Universal.

I'm sorry you didn't have the best experience at the Palm, maybe they were having an off day? I've been multiple times and never had a bad meal there and the service has always been good. Hopefully you give them another shot one day in the future.

Something about that interaction still bugs me, like it felt so condescending?

That would have totally bothered me, too. Why go out of your way to point out someone was wrong about something...and you weren't even wrong! Obnoxious. Sorry it wasn't as nice of an experience as you were hoping for!

There was R&B playing, low lighting, curtains on the boots, small tables, everything was kind of a reddish pink or dark color. I don't know it just seemed like a parody of a romantic place to me like I said almost comical? Right down to the menu descriptions and names. But I'm pretty sure the owners are serious about this being a romantic spot.

LOL, all it needs is a heart shaped hot tub in the middle of the restaurant!!

I'm sorry the desserts were kind of a letdown.

while watching The Rookie (anyone else watching that?)

Me!! We love this show, although we're a couple of episodes behind and need to catch up. Matt likes it, which means I always have to wait to watch and I get behind

We were laughing really hard, like did they think this was so much food we had to be sharing it with a ton of people? What did they think we'd even need a fork for? :lmao:

Well, maybe each individual mozzarella stick gets its own, and each slice of pizza...

I love this gif :rotfl::rotfl:

Something about that interaction still bugs me, like it felt so condescending?

I feel like I can put up with a lot, but NOT when someone is being condescending!! It makes me want to react in an equally childish way. Ugh, I just can't stand being talked down to.

because you're just going out of the way to make a customer feel dumb which is never really a good thing to do when they're paying you for a product or service.

Yes! It doesn't benefit anyone to act like a jerk, it's not "teaching them a lesson", it's just going to make them mad.

Me, every night when the makeup comes off, lol!!

and there was a whole sitting area in it which I thought was interesting

You know, in case you just want to hang out in the restroom :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm sorry your steak was undercooked. I am the same - don't overcook it, but please don't undercook it either!! I have a redness threshold for my meat that just shouldn't be crossed in either direction!
But I'm glad Josh's was awesome since he had a miss earlier in the day. I guess it balanced out for him.

"But you know it was on the menu, you just weren't looking closely"....
:faint: I'm so confused by this. Wouldn't it be preferable for him to want to make you to feel like he was going out of his way to accommodate your request, rather than just make a condescending remark? I'll say what I say far too often: people confuse me :laughing:

Because we were full and I'm old we also did skip dessert. :lmao:
:rotfl2:

Cher had apparently dined at The Palm:

vHUY3tCl.jpg
And apparently in her underwear?! :rotfl:

I've never used this bathroom that is next to The Palm, but I did on the way out, and there was a whole sitting area in it which I thought was interesting:rotfl:
Why oh why do they need tables in there?! :laughing: :confused3

Your meal looked great at Bice. I've been there once for my bachelorette and the food was amazing, we got the gnocci. The service was great. Definitely a return to restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!