'Lizzie McGuire' Star, Disney Part Ways

we3luvdisney

<font color=blue>I admit it. I am a <font color=pu
'Lizzie McGuire' Star, Disney Part Ways

LOS ANGELES - The star of the Disney Channel's hit "Lizzie McGuire" sitcom and its spin-off film is parting ways with the company that catapulted her to fame.

After weeks of negotiations over the future of 15-year-old Hillary Duff's career, the two sides confirmed Friday that they have split, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday.

Disney was eager to hold on to the profitable "McGuire" franchise, but Duff wanted to move beyond the role as the awkward but cute middle-schooler that has brought her a devoted following among "tweens" — children ages 9 to 14.

And the Houston native reportedly wanted more for an expanded TV series and movie sequel than Disney was willing to pay. She received $1 million for the first "Lizzie" film.

"We very much wanted to continue the Lizzie franchise," said Disney Studios production chief Nina Jacobson, "but every deal has its tipping point, the point at which it no longer makes sense. Unfortunately, that's the point we reached in the Lizzie negotiations."

The actress is shooting the 20th Century Fox film "Cheaper by the Dozen" and begin work on the Warner Bros. film "Cinderella Story" next month.

No offense to her or nothing, but im glad.... Shes just one of those people that rub me the wrong way, and that show....just give me one minute alone with the cartoon lizzie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter