LMTC Disneyland tickets no longer available?/Information on Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was my understanding that tax is not charged on theme park tickets in California (not the same as in Florida, where they do charge tax on them). So if you buy them Sam’s, do they still charge you tax? I know when you buy from Disney directly, there is no tax on tickets, which adds up to a lot on multi day tickets for a family.
It appears that sams does charge tax , looks like target doesn’t, but I haven’t gone as far as to purchase the tickets.

It appears that sams does charge tax , looks like target doesn’t, but I haven’t gone as far as to purchase the tickets.
I just sent Sam's an email about the tax. We'll see what they say. I might just buy direct from Disney with the discounted cards I have accumulated. They have all been bought at a 15-20% discount or as rewards so it will be a better discount than any other option if Sam's really does charge tax.

Activities are back up on the site but it now takes you to a site called isangoo! and DLR is not showing as a choice. They have all the other Disney parks just not DLR.

I am glad I found the Sam's Club option!

I just tried to access 'activities' on LMT and it just redirects me to the home page. There isn't even an option for activities. Just hotels, flights, cars, cruises. Curiouser and curiouser. I did double check to be sure I was logged in.

I just tried to access 'activities' on LMT and it just redirects me to the home page. There isn't even an option for activities. Just hotels, flights, cars, cruises. Curiouser and curiouser. I did double check to be sure I was logged in.
If you Google "Last Minute Travel Activities" and click on the second link it brings you to the activities page, but there's only a couple listed under 'Theme Park'. You also can't add anything to your cart, it seems.

I contacted Sam's Club regarding the taxes, I got a canned response about them charging tax in states where they have offices. I wrote back about how theme park tickets are tax exempt in CA, no reply on that one yet.

But what was really interesting was that the Sam's Club email address is Ticketsatwork. com, the links at the bottom of the email all take me to Tickets at Work.

I contacted Sam's Club regarding the taxes, I got a canned response about them charging tax in states where they have offices. I wrote back about how theme park tickets are tax exempt in CA, no reply on that one yet.

But what was really interesting was that the Sam's Club email address is Ticketsatwork. com, the links at the bottom of the email all take me to Tickets at Work.
That is super strange, my husband has tickets at work but the price just isn't as cheap as Sams, maybe with the tax it is. I will have to check on that, I'm sure different employers are offered different discounts.

It was my understanding that tax is not charged on theme park tickets in California (not the same as in Florida, where they do charge tax on them). So if you buy them Sam’s, do they still charge you tax? I know when you buy from Disney directly, there is no tax on tickets, which adds up to a lot on multi day tickets for a family.
You are correct that California does not charge tax on Disneyland tickets. However, sales tax isn't based on where something is going to be used; it's based on where something is paid. I live on the border of Oregon and Washington. Oregon doesn't have sales tax, but Washington does. If I buy something in Washington, I'm charged sales tax. If I have something shipped to Washington, I pay sales tax. If I buy something in Oregon, or have it shipped to Oregon, there's no sales tax for us. It's your state charging the tax, not California.

Now, if you buy Disney gift cards, and buy the tickets through Disney online or over the phone and use the gift cards, you won't be charged tax, because you are buying them from California, where there is a special tax code for it.

Hope this makes sense!

Hello,

I am logged on into the club (how would I know if I was or not?)

But I’m not finding an activities tab. Just hotel, airfair, Cruise etc.

Anyone know if LMT sells them?

They've been out of Disneyland tickets for a little over a month now. Supposedly, they were going to have them back in stock on October 1, but that didn't happen. The website also seems to be having problems (the activities page doesn't come up for the last couple of weeks). A lot of people are watching it. A few have called and gotten conflicting answers.

I'll just keep watching until it gets to a couple of weeks before our trip, and then I'll get them from Undercover Tourist, if LMT still doesn't work by then.

Here's a thread that has chronicled it from about the time they ran out of tickets, if you're interested.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/lmtc-disneyland-tickets-no-longer-available.3768289/

They usually do, but it sounds like various things are happening preventing them from selling them at the moment. They were supposed to come back up around October 1st; however, that has not been the case. It also looks like the website is being reworked, so the activities page is unavailable and it doesn't seem like they're selling any theme park tickets through their online purchasing option. You can call to see if they have a better answer for you, but right now they're not selling them. The next best price would be Undercover Tourist. If not them, then Get Away Today also offers tickets for a discounted price but it's not much of a difference from Disney themselves.

Thanks guys, Yeah LMT had the best price, and they were the actual tickets that we loaded to our app. Apparently other 3rd parties sell you vouchers, which then you have to stand in line to get a ticket? I hope the other options are not like that.

Thanks guys, Yeah LMT had the best price, and they were the actual tickets that we loaded to our app. Apparently other 3rd parties sell you vouchers, which then you have to stand in line to get a ticket? I hope the other options are not like that.

The vouchers that get away today give you can just be taken straights to the entrance line. They issue you a ticket there. Just FYI for those wondering.

I know for WDW UT has the E-Tickets and you can load those on your app. I would imagine they have those for DL too.

I know for WDW UT has the E-Tickets and you can load those on your app. I would imagine they have those for DL too.

UT are straight to the line too. I just used them in August, because I could pre-purchase Maxpass through them too. It was a few dollars more than LMTC for the non-MP price.

The MouseSaver newsletter is due out in a few days (on the 15th of the month). Apparently there is usually a link in the newsletter that gives you a slight additional discount on Disneyland tickets from Undercover Tourist (and they don't publish the link on their website, so you have to get it from the newsletter). I haven't used it, so I can't vouch for it personally, but for those who (like me) were planning to buy tickets from Last Minute Travel, this seems like it might be the best alternative if Last Minute Travel doesn't get them back in stock soon enough for your vacation.

I just thought I'm mention it. If you sign up now, you won't have to wait another month for the next newsletter. Here's the link:
https://www.mousesavers.com/mousesavers-newsletter-signup/

The MouseSaver newsletter is due out in a few days (on the 15th of the month). Apparently there is usually a link in the newsletter that gives you a slight additional discount on Disneyland tickets from Undercover Tourist (and they don't publish the link on their website, so you have to get it from the newsletter). I haven't used it, so I can't vouch for it personally, but for those who (like me) were planning to buy tickets from Last Minute Travel, this seems like it might be the best alternative if Last Minute Travel doesn't get them back in stock soon enough for your vacation.

I just thought I'm mention it. If you sign up now, you won't have to wait another month for the next newsletter. Here's the link:
Thank you, Plip! I subscribed to the newsletter and hopefully they'll offer something because we're going in less than a month!

It does indeed offer a little bit more of a discount. I have always used the UT Mousesavers link for WDW and DL.

Get away today has 5 day hoppers with MaxPass for $432 best I can find right now. Signed up for MouseSavers newsletter not sure what they are offering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter