Locals can you tell me about the weather?

ExcitedMama

DIS Veteran
We are going next week and I’m thinking about packing. When we went in August it was way too hot and humid. According to the weather reports I’ve found it looks like it will be in the 80s and much less humid which I’m excited about. My DD and I are pale redheads so Disney requires a lot of SPF. My DS on the other hand is always cold and wants a sweatshirt at all times, except of course our last trip. I don’t want to be carrying his sweatshirt everywhere though or cooling towels if we don’t need them. With the sun setting earlier and less humidity is it actually chilly in the evening now? Mornings? Is it still hot during the day? Thanks so much!

I think packing layers is best. We just got back (in the parks Oct 2-5). It was humid and warm (we live in the Pac NW). Our last night, Thursday, I wore long pants and a light pull over.

The weather has been great. I get cold easily and have been wearing jeans and T-shirt’s this week. If you run hot i would wear shorts , T-shirt’s and a sweatshirt for the evenings. We were at Disneyland Friday, i was wearing jeans and a T-shirt and was fine the whole day and night

I would suggest a light jacket for mornings and evenings if you get cold easily. As for afternoons, it depends on your tolerance for heat. I don’t think 80’s is hot, and don’t break a sweat unless I’m running around. However for others find it hot.

I also would suggest layers and also getting a locker so that you don't have to be the family pack mule. With a locker, you have much more freedom to account for possible emergencies (especially with kids in costumes).

We are moving into the it could be 60 degrees one day and 90 the next time of year and the lows could get down to 40 or be as high as 70. So really, I would say be prepared for anything.

The weather has been perfect! Layers. I prefer pants as I get cold on the attractions even when it’s warm out. Once the sun goes down, like now, it’s chilly but not cold. It’s heavenly.

We are moving into the it could be 60 degrees one day and 90 the next time of year and the lows could get down to 40 or be as high as 70. So really, I would say be prepared for anything.

I'm visiting soon as well, for the first time in October and almost didn't book my trip due to last year's temps at the same time. But I figure layers and being prepared for anything is worth it to experience my first Halloween Time. I'm just hoping it swings cooler during my visit! And I'm sure whatever Anaheim weather ends up being during my trip is still better than my October WDW trip last year where it was the worst humidity.

Yup, definitely cooler right now, but its still a wide range temperature wise. Highs of around 75/80 down to around 60. Pretty chilly at night, probably only a light sweatshirt is needed and pants throughout the day.

Kriss :tink:

I know what you mean @mizlizstl it was so hot when we went last year at this time. At least so far it’s looking better and with much lower humidity I’m hoping it will be a lot better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!