Youngbob

Earning My Ears
Hi our daughter has booked us a holiday, staying at the Caribbean beach resort, we are elderly and worried about the walking, does anyone know what part of the Caribbean resort is nearest to the main building/ reception ares, so hopefully we could request a room in that part, to save walking to much, thanks in advance for any help.

I've never stayed there, but from what I've heard the Caribbean Beach Resort is the largest in terms of layout and walking distances. If walking is a concern, this may not be the best choice of resort...just FYI.

That being said, if she booked you a "preferred room" then you will be closer to the main hub. If you don't have preferred, maybe try to switch to it. It will be your best bet for shorter walks.

Thanks for info, will look into getting a prefferred room.
Yes,you will definitely want a Preferred Room if you want to be close to the main Pool,Pool Bar,Lobby,and the Restaurants.

Request "Martinique/Close to Old Port Royale".

Some of these rooms are seconds away from OPR.

So you have to stay at Caribbean Beach? A preferred room will get you close to the main buildings, but also cost you almost another $100 a night.

Could you maybe move to Port Orleans French Quarter? It is a very small resort, and the one my dad prefers when we stay at a Disney resort. Though to be honest lately we have been staying at the Swan and Dolphin to save steps and cut down on bus rides.

Yes,you will definitely want a Preferred Room if you want to be close to the main Pool,Pool Bar,Lobby,and the Restaurants.

Request "Martinique/Close to Old Port Royale".

Some of these rooms are seconds away from OPR.
These rooms cost around 100$ a night more, staying for 14 nights, so a bit expensive, but thanks for the info

Thanks for info, will look into getting a prefferred room.

You'll definitely want this if staying at this resort. If walking is an issue, I would not stay at this resort unless staying preferred. We stayed in a non-preferred room a few years ago and it was a good 6-7 minute walk just to fill up my coffee mug. And then I agree it ends up higher priced. So if you're paying $100 more per night you might be able to find a deal on a smaller or nicer hotel.

So you have to stay at Caribbean Beach? A preferred room will get you close to the main buildings, but also cost you almost another $100 a night.

Could you maybe move to Port Orleans French Quarter? It is a very small resort, and the one my dad prefers when we stay at a Disney resort. Though to be honest lately we have been staying at the Swan and Dolphin to save steps and cut down on bus rides.
We have stayed at the French quarter before, just wanted to try a different resort, we have also stayed at The Swan and The Dolphin, didn't seem to have the Disney magic, but lovely hotels.

If you're going about switching rooms class strongly consider switch to Port Orleans French Quarter resort. Without assuming to know your likes, I feel like adults in general visiting without children would get a lot more out of Port Orleans French Quarter over Caribbean Beach. Caribbean Beach is HUGE, while Port Orleans French Quarter has the smallest footprint of any moderate resort and a single bus stop! It also has an elegance that I feel would appeal more to older adults that CB would.

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/port-orleans-french-quarter-review/

(whoops just saw your post 1 minute before mine. Strike all of this)

These rooms cost around 100$ a night more, staying for 14 nights, so a bit expensive, but thanks for the info
All Standard Rooms are a sizeable walk to OPR.

All the Islands have a Bus Stop,so I would just request "Room Close to Bus Stop".

There is an Internal Bus that picks up in the Islands and takes Guests to OPR(time consuming,but alleviates the walk to OPR).

I usually really like spread out resorts, POR and CSR are my favorites, but CBR was even too big for me to find it enjoyable. I highly recommend if you want to stay at CBR to book preferred. If you are looking at another resort I am not sure when you are going but if the new tower at CSR is open that may be an option. If you stay in a non preferred room at CBR, definitely have 'close to bus stop' as your one request.

You could also stay in a King bedroom and request Martinique.

Also, there is a lot of info on room locations in the Caribbean Beach thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter