Locations and Roll-Out Dates Announced for Mobile Order at the Disneyland Resort

Now that I see the list I can imagine that this will be quite tempting to use for particular restaurants. There always seems to be a long line at places like Bengal BBQ or Corndog Castle. Instead of sighing and walking by, we might actually order via the app, do something fun in the interim and come back to pick up when order is ready. We love the skewers at Paradise Pier Garden Grill but there is almost always no waiting so not likely to use app much there. Oh just thought of another good use scenario. On the way out of the parks at night, we often stop at Jolly Holiday to get milk and juice and pastries to put in the hotel fridge overnight for early breakfast the next morning. We could use the app for that as Jolly H can have a long line at 11:00pm. I am surely going to give this a whirl when we visit in July.

No more Greek at Garden Grill. It’s Mexican food now, and we love Mexican food but really did not like the options :-( We are there last weekend out of convenience, but it was not good.

At WDW the worst was using mobile order for dole whips. They don't make it until you are at the counter (because it could melt) and the mobile order line was 3 times as long as the regular line, with one attendant! Total fail. But it was awesome everywhere else!

No more Greek at Garden Grill. It’s Mexican food now, and we love Mexican food but really did not like the options :-( We are there last weekend out of convenience, but it was not good.

I hate that they constantly change the menu here. There is ALREADY a Mexican restaurant at DCA. Enough with the Mexican food at this location (they also do it at Holiday time).

I hate that they constantly change the menu here. There is ALREADY a Mexican restaurant at DCA. Enough with the Mexican food at this location (they also do it at Holiday time).
I know, we love the Greek options they used to have :-( With Pixar pier opening and it being Coco themed, I am afraid it will never come back.

This is just for Pixar Fest. They do seem to replace the normal menu often. I think it isn't so popular. I had the papas con queso last week. It was very good, but I felt like it wasn't enough food for an entree. Needed another potato patty.

...guests will be able to find a participating location via the mobile app, make food selections, pay through the app, and pick it up at the location. Annual Passholders will be able to apply their discount to meal purchases using the app...
This will be very convenient for Corndog Castle, which always seems to have a long line. There has sometimes been a CM with a tablet taking orders in the line, while intended to speed up service the tablet could not handle AP discounts.

Last edited:
Well, at least they will be able to apply annual pass discounts. That's a bonus. WDW's system still can't do that, I don't think.
Correct, however WDW typically doesn’t offer AP discounts at their counter/quick service locations.

Read yesterday on another popular fan site the following description of how this will work:

"The quick-serve and select additional dining locations in the parks are soon to get mobile ordering. That means you will be able to use the Disneyland app on your phone to pre-order your food and beverage. When you arrive at the location, you click “I’m Here.” That prompts the kitchen to make your meal and charge you for your order. If the restaurant starts getting backed up, they have the ability to limit or pause new orders to allow the establishment to catch up."
So it sounds like pre-ordering just means you get your order into the app in advance. Not until you arrive and click "I'm Here" is your food prepared and your acct charged. Of course you can click I'm Here before you actually are if you want food to be ready when you arrive I guess. We'll see what kind of volume they can take.

Oh my god, Bengal Barbecue is on the list! I'll finally get around to trying it lol.

I believe in WDW they have geolocation on the app, meaning you can’t tell them to prepare your food until you’re actually at the restaurant.

Read yesterday on another popular fan site the following description of how this will work:

"The quick-serve and select additional dining locations in the parks are soon to get mobile ordering. That means you will be able to use the Disneyland app on your phone to pre-order your food and beverage. When you arrive at the location, you click “I’m Here.” That prompts the kitchen to make your meal and charge you for your order. If the restaurant starts getting backed up, they have the ability to limit or pause new orders to allow the establishment to catch up."
So it sounds like pre-ordering just means you get your order into the app in advance. Not until you arrive and click "I'm Here" is your food prepared and your acct charged. Of course you can click I'm Here before you actually are if you want food to be ready when you arrive I guess. We'll see what kind of volume they can take.
Correct. That’s how it works ah WDW but I have yet to see them limit orders other than when Pandora first opened there was a pop up that said ordering food didn’t guarantee you access into the land due to crowds. What it does is put your order into the kitchen as soon as you click I’m here so it bypasses those that are ordering with a CM and goes straight to the preparing step.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter