Lockers for Kali River Rapids

Yes, you can cram a backpack or two in them - we put a backpack, shoes and 2 jackets in ours last week. The biggest issue is that the locker area itself is very, very tight with people hovering around their lockers, unloading stuff, loading stuff - it needs to be much bigger, IMHO.

Yes, you can cram a backpack or two in them - we put a backpack, shoes and 2 jackets in ours last week. The biggest issue is that the locker area itself is very, very tight with people hovering around their lockers, unloading stuff, loading stuff - it needs to be much bigger, IMHO.
The mention of shoes made me wonder, do they let you go on the ride barefoot or are you changing out of regular shoes into flip-flops or something? Having wet shoes is the biggest reason we avoid this ride. We don't want to walk around in wet shoes the rest of the time. Thanks!

The mention of shoes made me wonder, do they let you go on the ride barefoot or are you changing out of regular shoes into flip-flops or something? Having wet shoes is the biggest reason we avoid this ride. We don't want to walk around in wet shoes the rest of the time. Thanks!
I don't think you'd really want to walk barefoot to the ride since it doesn't sound particularly hygienic to you or other guests and then there would be the squashed toes concerns on the line. Fortunately, I believe Disney won't allow this since you also have to get on a revolving platform to access the raft. Don't recall any restrictions about flip flops though.

I'd be sure to wear something on your feet. We just switched out our Nikes (stored in the lockers) and wore flip flops. One member of our party simply covered up his tennis shoes with a plastic bag once we were on the ride and his shoes stayed pretty dry. People looked at him like he was a crazy person, but they understood when their shoes got completely soaked.

The last time we went, I actually forgot there were lockers, and thankfully, we did not get as soaked as others coming off the ride before us. I did wind up taking a plastic laundry bag from the hotel before we left for the day. That was large enough to put our backpack in and cinch it closed. I held it during the ride and everything was dry. As an extra precaution we had extra shirts in plastic bag in the backpack, I think it was just a bag from one of the shops.

The last time we went, I actually forgot there were lockers, and thankfully, we did not get as soaked as others coming off the ride before us. I did wind up taking a plastic laundry bag from the hotel before we left for the day. That was large enough to put our backpack in and cinch it closed. I held it during the ride and everything was dry. As an extra precaution we had extra shirts in plastic bag in the backpack, I think it was just a bag from one of the shops.
I brought travel ponchos to DWD from our existing camping gear. Think I paid about 10 bucks for each 8 odd years back. It's also been useful on city touring trips as well as water rides such as Kali or Splash Mountain or afternoon rain showers. We don't backpack @ Disney so it was just my pocketbook under my poncho but I'm sure a backpack would fit underneath as well. Has it's own cinch closed wrist handled travel pouch and fits easily back into pouch. Prices have changed though. Bought one for grandnephew last year and paid about 20 dollars for it. Still a small price to pay for such a useful and long lasting item.

It has been a few years since we road this. Are you still allowed to put items in the center of the ride under the waterproof flap instead of in a locker?

There's no longer a waterproof flap in the ride's center. You have to use the lockers. And they're easy. Use them!

Re going barefoot--one is required to have footwear for this ride. Flip-flops are fine.

It has been a few years since we road this. Are you still allowed to put items in the center of the ride under the waterproof flap instead of in a locker?

They removed this part of the raft~ its either use the locker or hold onto your stuff now. Hope that helps! :)

No there's no center section now to store stuff

Good to know. Thanks. Are your belongings secure in the locker or do others have access to it? My son will be carrying his insulin in his backpack, and we won't want to chance having his backpack stolen from the locker.

Lockers are secure and free. We've left phones, cameras, etc in them without any issues. There's usually a CM around as well to help anyone having difficulty using them.

Is this ride different all the time?? When I went on it I got off feeling like I jumped IN the rapids! Soaked totally through all my clothes, top and bottom. Was SO glad the rest of my things were in a locker! I don't need to ride it again.

Is this ride different all the time?? When I went on it I got off feeling like I jumped IN the rapids! Soaked totally through all my clothes, top and bottom. Was SO glad the rest of my things were in a locker! I don't need to ride it again.

Like many of these rides, usually only one side of the raft gets soaked. KRR may be (relatively speaking) the shortest, tamest theme-park rafting ride ever, so sometimes the people on the other side of the raft are pretty dry.

Then there is the Bluto's Blige-Rat Barges at Universal, where no one is spared, every guest gets hit by more than one waterfall. Similar with the Dudley Do-Right Flume.

Like many of these rides, usually only one side of the raft gets soaked. KRR may be (relatively speaking) the shortest, tamest theme-park rafting ride ever, so sometimes the people on the other side of the raft are pretty dry.

Then there is the Bluto's Blige-Rat Barges at Universal, where no one is spared, every guest gets hit by more than one waterfall. Similar with the Dudley Do-Right Flume.

I did Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges a couple weeks ago. It made Kali River look positively dry in comparison. I was soaked within the first 30 seconds. Kali is luck of the draw. I've ridden and barely gotten damp and other times got soaked.

I did Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges a couple weeks ago. It made Kali River look positively dry in comparison. I was soaked within the first 30 seconds. Kali is luck of the draw. I've ridden and barely gotten damp and other times got soaked.

Yep, DS and I rode Bluto's and Dudley Do-Right's for the first time a couple of years ago and agreed with all the water they pour down there is no way not to get soaked head to toe on each.

I just wear Teva sandals on my AK days, but my kids wear runners and bring flip flops to change. We rode Kali multiple times during our trip last week and most times we just got a bit wet, but once, me and my 2 girls got DRENCHED. Like, they came off head-to-toe dripping. It was hilarious, and thankfully one of the warmer afternoons of our trip. But you don't want to be walking around in wet shoes the rest of the day.

The lockers are free for two hours. You use a credit card at a kiosk to get a locker number & receipt, find that locker, type in your own 4-digit PIN to open it, then type in the same PIN when you want to get your stuff back out. If you leave your stuff for longer than 2 hours, they supposedly charge you $10/hour beyond that - never tested it to find out. We managed to fit one backpack and a few pairs of shoes. For our family of 5 with 2 backpacks, we needed 2 lockers.

We put our stuff in the lockers. Very roomy and safe. I wore flip flops for the ride, you really wouldn’t want to go barefoot.

Went on twice and got soaked both times- guess we were just unlucky! We dried quickly in the sun, though. A fun ride, hope you enjoy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter