Lockers on Castaway Cay

MickeyMouseCD524

DIS Veteran
Are there lockers on Castaway Cay? If not where do you store things like phones and cameras while on excursions like the Jetskis and Stingrays to keep them from getting wet or stolen.

Are there lockers on Castaway Cay? If not where do you store things like phones and cameras while on excursions like the Jetskis and Stingrays to keep them from getting wet or stolen.

There aren't any lockers on CC. I just stick my phone and camera in the bottom of my bag and it's never been an issue, but I don't have an expensive camera and my phone is usually an older, low end model. You can get waterproof pouches that fit Smartphones and wear it around your neck or there are anti-theft boxes/bags that lock to beach chairs to deter theft. You could purchase something like that.

Example: https://amazon.com/Aqua-Safe-Box-Po...2&s=gateway&sprefix=beach+safe,aps,185&sr=8-5

We leave our phones on the ship and just take a cheaper camera to CC, my expensive one also stays on the ship. We did the stingray excursion on CC. They have a room for you to leave your stuff in while you do the excursion, you don't lock them up in anything, just leave it on a bench. We've been to CC 5 times and just leave our stuff on our chairs while we do stuff, never had a problem.

If you book a cabana, there is a hotel style safe in each on of them that we use to store valuables.

I was worried about the same thing. My travel agent said she'd never heard of any problems and that people don't spend the money on Disney cruises to steal things. I used the waterproof bag around my neck for my phone to take pictures and nothing in my bag would have been the end of the world if we lost it. We left our backpack and beach bag on a chair and it was fine.

Bought a phone pouch just recently

this is a set of FOUR pouches for $13 . . . Amazon

smartlle Waterproof Phone Pouch, Universal Waterproof Phone Case

Never had any issues on CC but I think we all worry a bit when it comes to our belongings and valuables. Just be smart and aware of your surroundings. I know it’s hard not to bring your expensive DSLR onto the beach but I agree that those Kyss bags really do give you some peace of mind along with the waterproof cell phone pouches.

I have Scubapro gear for snorkeling which is pricey. I’ve left them on the chair, grabbed lunch and gone shopping with no issues.

When it comes to my cell phone I put it in my shoe like everyone else. 🙃

I was worried about the same thing. My travel agent said she'd never heard of any problems and that people don't spend the money on Disney cruises to steal things. I used the waterproof bag around my neck for my phone to take pictures and nothing in my bag would have been the end of the world if we lost it. We left our backpack and beach bag on a chair and it was fine.
You’d be surprised. Disney has a recurring issue with passengers thefts of the little paintbrush shaped butter knives in animators palate a while back. And we were at disney world and had our kids’ toys stolen from our stroller while we were on a ride. People are weird. Plus there are plenty people there who don’t pay for their ticket (eg teen and adult kids of parents who pay the cruise bill)

There have also been reports of FE items being stolen. I think some people do it because they can. While the risk of theft on CC might be less than, say Megans Bay where there are people from everywhere, there's still a risk.

You’d be surprised. Disney has a recurring issue with passengers thefts of the little paintbrush shaped butter knives in animators palate a while back. And we were at disney world and had our kids’ toys stolen from our stroller while we were on a ride. People are weird. Plus there are plenty people there who don’t pay for their ticket (eg teen and adult kids of parents who pay the cruise bill)
Saw a guy steal salt and pepper shakers on the ship. Took him awhile to sneak them in his pocket but made for great entertainment..

I don’t worry so much about the parents stealing. I’m more concerned about the entitled teens that terrorize the hallways stealing fish extender gifts wanting to lift something from my beach bag on a dare.

I had someone swipe my favorite pair of RayBans and wallet off the counter last year while I was paying for our dinner at Beach & Cream and Disney was like "Well what do you want us to do about it?". Which is why I'm slightly paranoid.

Buying them now! Thanks!

Never had any issues on CC but I think we all worry a bit when it comes to our belongings and valuables. Just be smart and aware of your surroundings. I know it’s hard not to bring your expensive DSLR onto the beach but I agree that those Kyss bags really do give you some peace of mind along with the waterproof cell phone pouches.

I have Scubapro gear for snorkeling which is pricey. I’ve left them on the chair, grabbed lunch and gone shopping with no issues.

When it comes to my cell phone I put it in my shoe like everyone else. 🙃

My DSLR is what I'm most concerned about but I think I'll just leave that on the ship and get a waterproof pouch for my iPhone.

I would add a wrist float to your phone pouch lanyard. This gives me peace of mind if it were to come off accidentally. It isn't the coolest thing but I would rather be uncool than lose my iPhone in the ocean. :D Also, a dry iPhone at the bottom of the ocean isn't much help.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JTE518E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!