Lockers Outside-

DnA2010

Rope Drop!
Are there still big lockers outside of security? Could you come straight to the parks with a carry on bag and then locker it and head into the parks?

For a carry on you'd need the extra large lockers at the picknick area, and even for those it could be a tight fit depending on your bag. I'd recommend dropping bag off at the hotel first too.

Has anyone confirmed lately that the picnic area lockers are still there? They're not depicted on the official website, which only shows the Esplanade building lockers. When we were there in November, the Esplanade lockers only had the small size for $7 and "large" size for $10. Luckily we had soft-sided bags and were able to fit our luggage into two large lockers, but I was under the impression that the Esplanade also had the x-large and jumbo sizes (since the website still lists the $12 and $15 price, I assume that the x-large and jumbo are still somewhere, in hindsight I'm wondering if we just needed to go into the picnic area).

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/locker-rentals/

Has anyone confirmed lately that the picnic area lockers are still there?
I hope to make it to the park tomorrow (I’ve been sick for a few days and am at the doctor now). I’ll check then if I make it. Otherwise I’ll check on Sunday. I should definitely be well by then.

Last edited:
I hope to make it to the park tomorrow (I’ve been sick for a few days and am at the doctor now - so far it sounds feasible that I got some bad lettuce from the recent E. coli recall). I’ll check then if I make it. Otherwise I’ll check on Sunday. I should definitely be well by then.

Sorry to hear about the possible E. coli, but thanks for offering to check. I'd like to know for a January weekend trip so we can decide whether to: (1) pack light and squeeze into the Large lockers again; (2) use an x-large or jumbo if they're available, or (3) leave luggage at HoJos and sacrifice some park time to walk back to grab it before we head to the airport.

Has anyone confirmed lately that the picnic area lockers are still there? They're not depicted on the official website, which only shows the Esplanade building lockers. When we were there in November, the Esplanade lockers only had the small size for $7 and "large" size for $10. Luckily we had soft-sided bags and were able to fit our luggage into two large lockers, but I was under the impression that the Esplanade also had the x-large and jumbo sizes (since the website still lists the $12 and $15 price, I assume that the x-large and jumbo are still somewhere, in hindsight I'm wondering if we just needed to go into the picnic area).

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/locker-rentals/
They were still there when I was at the park a couple of weeks ago.

I thought Jumbo lockers were available in the Esplanade?

I didn't even realize that there were lockers in the picnic area!

I thought Jumbo lockers were available in the Esplanade?

I didn't even realize that there were lockers in the picnic area!

There was nothing bigger than Large in the Esplanade bathroom/locker building in November. After the fact, I found pictures online of outdoor lockers in the picnic area, under the monorail tracks:

Last edited:
Here are the lockers in the picnic area (as of this morning):
610629EB-7B3B-4B80-AF91-EBBE899B114C.jpeg

Jumbo lockers were indicated but I didn’t see anything larger than what’s above. I imagine the ones they refer to are simply deeper.
B53776E3-9C8D-4C23-8F38-A8871B5D13BB.jpeg

I also checked the locker areas to the left of the gates (as you look at them) as well as the smaller area near the DCA entrance. This is all I saw (the red ones are on the DCA side). I know the images are rotated but I'm too crabby to fix them.
3C93EF13-33A6-4DD4-B397-924BC9BAA3F2.jpeg

09964C1D-2617-4FC0-A4E6-E12EA29EA834.jpeg

These are the lockers on the DL side.
8F023332-AEA3-492A-8A6F-FC48B8BC6A71.jpeg

Last edited:
Glad you're feeling better, Rob! Thanks for the photos.
Any time :-). I aim to be back on Sunday. It’s supposed to rain but it’s a friend’s bday and I/we got her a Disney gift card. Can’t miss it. Hopefully crowds are low as a result.

leave luggage at HoJos and sacrifice some park time to walk back to grab it before we head to the airport.

Wouldn’t you be needing a taxi to take you towards the highway near hojo anyway? Which means going to an intersection requiring a uturn, doesn’t it?

Seems to be that leaving from hojo isn’t a terrible idea... But then I’ve been known to get very turned around in the Disneyland area!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!