Lodging arrangement - family of 5

karaintn

Mouseketeer
Hi!

I’m new here and haven’t found the answer to this question. My family includes myself and my husband and our 3 kids - ages 14, 10, and 10. What would our hotel arrangements be? When I make the plans, we squeeze into 1 room (2 queens and a rollaway), but I didn’t see if that would be an option on an ABD trip. I’m not looking at any specific trip just yet.

Hi!

I’m new here and haven’t found the answer to this question. My family includes myself and my husband and our 3 kids - ages 14, 10, and 10. What would our hotel arrangements be? When I make the plans, we squeeze into 1 room (2 queens and a rollaway), but I didn’t see if that would be an option on an ABD trip. I’m not looking at any specific trip just yet.
It really does depend on the trip. Some places are not legally allowed to have 5 people in a room. (European hotel rooms tend to be much smaller than in the US, for example.) Each itinerary on the ABD website will list, at the bottom of the Rates & Dates tab, what the room configuration is like for various combinations of various numbers of people. If you don't see 5 in a room, they probably don't have that option. You might have to book as 2 reservations, with one adult and some of the kids in one room, and the other adult and more kid(s) in the other room. ABD is really the only ones who can tell you for sure what is and isn't available for your family of 5. I'd talk to them or a Travel Agent who specializes in ABD.

Hopefully someone with a family of 5 can tell you what their experience was.

Sayhello

We are a family of 5. We had to book as 2 reservations: 1 parent with 2 kids and the other parent with the other kid. They will try to accommodate you with connecting rooms if at all possible, but some hotels do not have that option. The Vacationista can tell you if any hotels on your itinerary don't have connecting. We loved having 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms!

Also, keep in mind you don't generally save money with ABD by squeezing into one room, because you're still paying per-person, not per room. Better to just get 2 rooms and have more space.

Also, keep in mind you don't generally save money with ABD by squeezing into one room, because you're still paying per-person, not per room. Better to just get 2 rooms and have more space.
Yes - absolutely. I did not know this on our first ABD and all four of us booked as one reservation - after that one we have booked as two reservations of two at the same price.

On our trip, the family of 5 often got the BEST room.
They had 2 reservations and would be 2 connecting rooms in the cities & in the rural areas had a really spacious mega-suite that had a large sitting area and 3 BR.

Hi!

In your case, the guides will have some choice in how to split you up. If your hotel has a family suite or larger deluxe rooms that have 3 beds, they might put you in one of those. Otherwise you will probably be in one double room and one triple room. Most European and Asian hotels have double rooms, but the places ABD uses will almost definitely have tripled as well, so you would be split up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter