Loews Cancellation Policy Currently

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
We have a reservation at RPR at the end of October. We live in NY and FL is currently on our mandatory quarantine list, so we have to wait and see if that's lifted before we can travel there. Because this may be a game time decision, I phoned Universal today to confirm RPR's current cancellation policy. To my surprise, I was informed they are enforcing the 5 day cancellation policy and that their extended cancellation policy ended at the end of August. Can anyone confirm this information is correct? I was a little surprised given that FL is still on the tri-state area's quarantine list. I'm also not able to cancel and book something last minute, as RPR and HRH currently have no availability during our dates.

Alternatively, if we are not able to go, can anyone confirm whether I'd be able to modify my dates within the 5 day window and still retain my deposit? If we can't go at the end of October, we'd like to push our dates out to February/March. I'm curious whether this would be a cancellation/new booking for RPR where we'd lose the deposit, or if they can just change our dates.

Last edited:
You say you called Universal - did you try calling RPR/Loews?
I called the number on the reservation email, whoever that belongs to. Its 888-464-3551 and it says its the general reservations phone number.

I called the number on the reservation email, whoever that belongs to. Its 888-464-3551 and it says its the general reservations phone number.
You could maybe try (407) 503-3000

I have a feeling that this one will be - the answer depends on the agent you ask.

They may have changed back to the 'normal' cancellation policy when they closed a few of the hotels. With fewer rooms, they may have had to gone back to being a little more strict??

The majority of states don’t have the policies that your state has. Not sure why you would expect Universal to cater to your state’s controlling overreaching guidelines. My advice, move.

Sorry, didn’t mean to sound mean. I was born in Queens, my whole family is from NY. What Deblasio and Cuomo have done to a city I loved is a disgrace. I feel bad for all the people like yourselves caught in the landslide.

Hoping you get an agent that gives you an answer that suits your predicament.

You could maybe try (407) 503-3000

I have a feeling that this one will be - the answer depends on the agent you ask.

They may have changed back to the 'normal' cancellation policy when they closed a few of the hotels. With fewer rooms, they may have had to gone back to being a little more strict??
Thanks. I called again and spoke to someone different. They confirmed the same but did say they are considering refunds on a case by case basis. However, he told me I could move my dates and retain my deposit. So that’s a good option for us if need be.

The majority of states don’t have the policies that your state has. Not sure why you would expect Universal to cater to your state’s controlling overreaching guidelines. My advice, move.
It’s three states that happen to have a high number of travelers to Florida, and many are travelers who would otherwise visit if not for state mandates, which travelers have zero control over. I don’t think it’s unreasonable for Universal to allow some leeway for travelers from these areas, within reason. Disney still lets you cancel for a refund with 24 hours notice, which is what I was hoping for with Universal.

Also, I live in Buffalo so I have no idea how Deblasio impacted NYC. We always get the collateral damage from Cuomo’s decisions though, which generally are targeted at NYC.

Are you really not going to know by 6 days out whether you're travelling? 5 days is a pretty reasonable cancellation deadline.
Nope, it’s possible we may not. New York decides what states are on the mandatory quarantine list on a daily basis based on daily statistics. Florida is borderline currently. If it stays that way, we will want to keep our reservations as long as possible in the event Florida is able to be removed from the list up to the day before we are scheduled to leave. If they are removed, we will go. If they are not, we will be forced to cancel. A lot can change over 5 days, so it’s not reasonable from travelers from the tri-state area who have the flexibility to go if/when our states allow.

I cancelled my October trip when DeSantis removed all covid restrictions. I can't imagine Florida numbers not going up in the next few weeks.
I’ve been checking FL numbers daily and they’re still holding steady or decreasing slightly each day. If there’s a big uptick where there wouldn’t be enough time to come back down before my trip, then I will cancel, but no point in me cancelling prematurely when it’s still borderline for us.

My main concern with the 5 day policy is that I could get COVID symptoms the day before. Or we show up and that is the day my child runs a fever. I would hate to be out the deposit for something that feels out of my control. I do realize there is risk inherent in everything And I can always choose not to take the risk. Moving dates would be fine with me though.

My main concern with the 5 day policy is that I could get COVID symptoms the day before. Or we show up and that is the day my child runs a fever. I would hate to be out the deposit for something that feels out of my control. I do realize there is risk inherent in everything And I can always choose not to take the risk. Moving dates would be fine with me though.
Good point! This would be a concern for anyone traveling at this point, and yet another concern for those of us due to travel from states with restrictions in place.

One thing I will caution about moving dates is that the phone rep informed me if I were to move my dates within that 5 day window, and then subsequently needed to cancel my trip under my new dates, then I would be out the deposit. In other words, your new trip retains the same cancellation policy and since it was already within that 5 day window, you'd still have to forfeit the deposit. I would be ok with that too, but just something for others to consider!

Good point! This would be a concern for anyone traveling at this point, and yet another concern for those of us due to travel from states with restrictions in place.

One thing I will caution about moving dates is that the phone rep informed me if I were to move my dates within that 5 day window, and then subsequently needed to cancel my trip under my new dates, then I would be out the deposit. In other words, your new trip retains the same cancellation policy and since it was already within that 5 day window, you'd still have to forfeit the deposit. I would be ok with that too, but just something for others to consider!

Thanks for sharing. I will keep that in mind.

A strange description just showed on my credit card statement
Undefined 1-888464-3551 $174.85
Any clues ?
I guess I better call …

A strange description just showed on my credit card statement
Undefined 1-888464-3551 $174.85
Any clues ?
I guess I better call …
This is a long dead 2020 thread...did you post in the wrong place?

You know I guess I googled that phone # and the Disboards thread popped up . I did not realize that Original date .
Sorry
Ignore and I will delete it soon
Thanks for caring .

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!