Loews Royal Pacific Resort 2021?

Cynophilist

Earning My Ears
I know this sounds crazy...but I'm so bored & I finished Netflix. ;) Looking forward to our trip in October 2021 & already dreaming/planning.
So, my query-I'm looking at dates in mid Oct (2021!!) for the Royal Pacific resort, and all of the standard king and water view king rooms are seemingly already booked. Or at least they don't show up. Can they be booked that far out?!? Or do they just not release all of the room categories this early?
TIA! I realize I'm getting a bit ahead of myself planning a Fall 2021 trip, but I like having something to look forward to, since the universe threw a wrench in my(our) 2020 plans.

I know this sounds crazy...but I'm so bored & I finished Netflix. ;) Looking forward to our trip in October 2021 & already dreaming/planning.
So, my query-I'm looking at dates in mid Oct (2021!!) for the Royal Pacific resort, and all of the standard king and water view king rooms are seemingly already booked. Or at least they don't show up. Can they be booked that far out?!? Or do they just not release all of the room categories this early?
TIA! I realize I'm getting a bit ahead of myself planning a Fall 2021 trip, but I like having something to look forward to, since the universe threw a wrench in my(our) 2020 plans.

They could be booked for conferences planned for then. They do book out early.

Rooms can become available as they decide they don't need as many rooms or for other reasons......keep checking!

Hotels, especially conference hotels like RPR, may hold back certain room types and/or put restrictions on hotel types until closer in to the actual dates. For example, RPR shows no garden view rooms available for Oct. 4th-8th, 2021. But if you search for Oct. 3rd-8th, one shows up. So RPR for certain dates may have minimum night restrictions on some room types.

Do Universal Resort rooms book up quick like WDW resorts? We are going this November and waiting until we know more details related to opening/covid. Also thinking about getting an APH if the discount for the room is good enough. Just don't want to wait too long if standard rooms at RPR will book up

It probably depends on the resort in question and the time you want to go. For example, if you want a base, standard room at HRH for the week of Thanksgiving, I'd want to get that room reserved as soon as possible. Those rooms will probably sell out very quickly (and HRH has fewer rooms than the other on-site hotels.) During the slower times of the year, if you aren't particular about which hotel you want to stay in, there is a much better chance you can find a room.

If you make a hotel reservation directly (i.e. not through a packaged deal or 3rd party) you can usually cancel the reservation with a full deposit refund within 5 or fewer days before you go. So my suggestion would be to go ahead and make the reservation now while you see room availability for what you want. If you change your mind later or if you find a lower price later, you can always cancel or update your reservation.

It probably depends on the resort in question and the time you want to go. For example, if you want a base, standard room at HRH for the week of Thanksgiving, I'd want to get that room reserved as soon as possible. Those rooms will probably sell out very quickly (and HRH has fewer rooms than the other on-site hotels.) During the slower times of the year, if you aren't particular about which hotel you want to stay in, there is a much better chance you can find a room.

If you make a hotel reservation directly (i.e. not through a packaged deal or 3rd party) you can usually cancel the reservation with a full deposit refund within 5 or fewer days before you go. So my suggestion would be to go ahead and make the reservation now while you see room availability for what you want. If you change your mind later or if you find a lower price later, you can always cancel or update your reservation.
Thanks for the help. Looking to stay at RPR nov 4-8. Can I book and then if I get an annual pass and they have a discount, will they reimburse me the discount if there is one?

No, you have to reserve at the annual pass rate. If they have that rate available now, you can get it even though you don't have an annual pass yet. You will only need it when you check-in (or some time during your stay.) If they don't have an annual pass rate now, you can grab the best available and if one shows up later, call to have them switch it over. You can do the same if you find any better rate than you currently reserved.

Do note that you might not find an annual pass rate for your dates at all. That can happen which is why it is usually best to grab the lowest rate you can as early as you can. And then check once or twice a week to see if anything lower becomes available.

I don't have any help to give but I ran into the same problem for my dates in June 2021 at Sapphire Falls. Interesting to see someone else having the same issue! There is plenty of time for things to change so I plan to keep checking.

No, you have to reserve at the annual pass rate. If they have that rate available now, you can get it even though you don't have an annual pass yet. You will only need it when you check-in (or some time during your stay.) If they don't have an annual pass rate now, you can grab the best available and if one shows up later, call to have them switch it over. You can do the same if you find any better rate than you currently reserved.

Do note that you might not find an annual pass rate for your dates at all. That can happen which is why it is usually best to grab the lowest rate you can as early as you can. And then check once or twice a week to see if anything lower becomes available.
wait, so I can purchase now at the "savvy traveler" rate, then if the AP rate comes out I can switch over? They don't have the rate available now. I've heard they don't normally do it until a couple of months beforhand. So maybe August? I don't want to wait that long.

So as far as an annual pass discount for resort rooms, are there a certain number of nights you need to stay & days in the park to make it worth it?

wait, so I can purchase now at the "savvy traveler" rate, then if the AP rate comes out I can switch over? They don't have the rate available now. I've heard they don't normally do it until a couple of months beforhand. So maybe August? I don't want to wait that long.

If you book now with the Savvy Traveller rate that guarantees you a booking. Then keep an eye out for any AP rate that may become available for your dates.

If there is a better AP rate available for your dates, call and they will adjust your booking to reflect the new rate. And yes, the AP rates are relatively close to the dates you look for, so it is a waiting game apparently.

Yes, that is correct. If you book directly, there isn't a penalty for cancelling or rebooking. So my motto is "book first, then ask permission from my wife later" :)

Also, don't wait until to too close to try and book - they seem to close online booking 3 days before any given date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!