Logistics for a family of 9 in an RV

smartblnde

Earning My Ears
Good morning!
We just got back from a stay at AK Kidani. It made us want to bring the kids. (29, 29, 25,,24, 24, 7, 1) with us. We have a 32' MH. I have been trying to reserve a premium site (to have room for a tent or 2), but these are grayed out. Is it possible to make an online reservation or do I HAVE to call?

Also, we will have the RV and maybe 2 golf carts. Can we park these at the site? Gathering info at this point. Thanks for any info. We are hoping to go in early December 2020.

:rainbow::rainbow:

You can make online reservations. If the type of site is unavailable it will show up as unavailable online meaning they are all booked up. Yes, golf carts can be parked at the site. I'm not sure if there is a limit to how many. I doubt two would be an issue.

At any moment, the online inventory is the same as what the CM sees (supposedly) in the Call Center environment. So the net result should be the same. But trying to book a year out for December (a popular reservation the closer you try to book towards Christmas) is tougher especially now they took away Premium inventory and used that to create the Premium Meadow inventory (more $$$).

So keep trying online or get a reputable Travel Aent who will keep trying for you.

Carts, cars, tents (on pavement or wherever if you can off pavement), EZups, whatever as long as vehicles (cars) are on the pavement. Carts I've seen on the pine needles with no problem. But if the RV is 32 feet you should have a good bit of space on concrete.

Bama Ed

PS - also one approach people use is to book your stay in available chunks and later merge them together. Say you want a 7-day stay and can't get it. Check for availability in smaller chunks (1-day, 2-day, 3-day etc) in various combos and you might be able to find some availability. Sometimes it's just one day in your window that is the problem. Book what you can get, paying the deposit for each (all at the same level =Premium) and keep checking and taking what you can get as it comes open. Eventually you will see that hard day or two show up. People use this strategy often and it is generally successful when starting a year out. Then you can merge them through Guest Services, combine all the deposits, and have one continuous reservation. I've done this on a small scale (booked a reservation then wanted to simply add one day at the front and had to book separately then merge). So it can be done if you check often. Having one reservation is not REQUIRED but it makes life easier.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter