Logistics questions for race weekend

Clone

Earning My Ears
First time posting, love the info this board provides! I am running my first Disney ½ marathon in January and am hoping someone can answer a few questions for me:

1. Will the family be able to take a bus from All-Star at 6:00am to watch me finish?

2. How far from the finish line will the bus drop the family? I’m trying to estimate the time they need to arrive.

3. Will the family be able to get reasonably close (< 1/4 mile) to the finish line to watch me finish without buying the Chear package?

4. We were planning to rope drop a couple rides at EPCOT after the race. Is the park filled with runners who are still “running” the 1/2 marathon waiting for rides, thereby negating the benefits of rope dropping? EPCOT opens at 9:00am that Saturday if it helps.

5. We were planning to rope drop Hollywood Studios the following day (Sunday) during the marathon. HWS opens at 8am that day which is 3 hours after the start of the marathon. I believe HWS is about ¾ into the race. I imagine there could be quite a few runners in the park at that time. Same question I had about EPCOT. Will the runners negate the benefit of rope dropping?

Sorry for all the questions. Starting to get excited about the trip. 60 days and counting!

First time posting, love the info this board provides! I am running my first Disney ½ marathon in January and am hoping someone can answer a few questions for me:

1. Will the family be able to take a bus from All-Star at 6:00am to watch me finish?

2. How far from the finish line will the bus drop the family? I’m trying to estimate the time they need to arrive.

3. Will the family be able to get reasonably close (< 1/4 mile) to the finish line to watch me finish without buying the Chear package?

4. We were planning to rope drop a couple rides at EPCOT after the race. Is the park filled with runners who are still “running” the 1/2 marathon waiting for rides, thereby negating the benefits of rope dropping? EPCOT opens at 9:00am that Saturday if it helps.

5. We were planning to rope drop Hollywood Studios the following day (Sunday) during the marathon. HWS opens at 8am that day which is 3 hours after the start of the marathon. I believe HWS is about ¾ into the race. I imagine there could be quite a few runners in the park at that time. Same question I had about EPCOT. Will the runners negate the benefit of rope dropping?

Sorry for all the questions. Starting to get excited about the trip. 60 days and counting!
1. Yes buses will run to the finish area from all resorts.
2. It’s not too far so maybe 5-10 minute walk.
3. they should be able to view from behind the finish line. The finish line proper is reserved for cheer squad.
4. it depends on your finish time. Very few people ride attractions during the half marathon. However it’s likely the race will still be ongoing when you go back into Epcot. With the change in finishes this coming year future world should be more open for the regular guests.
5. if you want to get to ToT or Rockin Rollercoaster at rope drop yes. That is the area runners run. You should have an easier time getting to toy story land or SWGE.

We were planning to rope drop a couple rides at EPCOT after the race. Is the park filled with runners who are still “running” the 1/2 marathon waiting for rides, thereby negating the benefits of rope dropping? EPCOT opens at 9:00am that Saturday if it helps.

1. Please go back and shower. From one runner to another.

2. People don’t ride rides during the half as far as I have ever heard. But yes Epcot will have us slower runners still making our way through, and there will likely be the need to stop and start to let them pass.

Thanks for the quick responses. Great info!

1. Please go back and shower. From one runner to another.

I think with a quick change of clothes I'll be okay. Just hoping to get one or two rides in then head back to shower before the kids races at ESPN WWS.

Everyone else has mostly answered your questions, but I wanted to comment on #5. Since the marathon affects traffic, you will need to get on the earliest possible bus if you want to make rope drop at DHS. Think twice to three times as long as normal for the ride there.

Since the marathon affects traffic, you will need to get on the earliest possible bus if you want to make rope drop at DHS

Good point. I was thinking about taking the Skyliner there from All Star. It will be our first time using it. Any idea how early it will be running if HWS opens at 8am? Any chance the entire skyliner is running very early that day to move spectators around the marathon course?

Good point. I was thinking about taking the Skyliner there from All Star. It will be our first time using it. Any idea how early it will be running if HWS opens at 8am? Any chance the entire skyliner is running very early that day to move spectators around the marathon course?

Oh the skyliner - I forgot about that! (I am not a good Disney-er! Haha!). This is the first marathon weekend with it running, so I have no idea when it would open. Maybe @rteetz would have some idea.

Skyliner doesn’t go to the all stars.

Skyliner as of right now has been opening at 8AM. It goes to Epcot, DHS, Pop/AoA, Riviera, and Caribbean Beach.

Skyliner doesn’t go to the all stars.

Skyliner as of right now has been opening at 8AM. It goes to Epcot, DHS, Pop/AoA, Riviera, and Caribbean Beach.

Was the Skyliner open early during Wine & Dine? Curious if it is an option for spectators to go to the Boardwalk (International Gateway station) during the Marathon Weekend 10K.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter