London and Paris

CynBeth

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of visiting either in May or July of 2019. For anyone that has visited both in the same trip please describe your experiences and as much info as you can such as how long you were in each city, etc. Thanks!

My wife and I visited in late April of 2017, booked tour through AAA travel. 10 P.M. flight out of Boston to London. We spent 4 full days in London, visited a lot of the major sights, on our free day did a walking tour of Harry Potter locations (my wife's favorite part). Day 4 was Eurostar train to Paris, trip was a little over two hours. 4 days in Paris, again visiting tourist sights which were pre-booked for us. Free day was spent at the Opera House and exploring the subway system. We added 2 days at Disney Paris (of course!) using Vacation Club points.
Weather was Ok, no rain but a little cool for us, temps in the mid 50s to mid 60s F.
Feel free to ask if you'd like any more details!

Last edited:
Thanks! Were you on a tour with others or on your own? Did you fly in to London and out of Paris? We know we want to do 2 days at DL and about 3-4 in Paris and 3-4 in London. We are huge Harry Potter fans as well and want to do the WB tour. Our biggest issue is figuring out our schedule. With our airport we can only get a nonstop to London and there no nonstop for Paris so figure we will have to fly in and out of London and take the Eurostar to and from Paris and are not sure if we should do a few days in London and then do our time in Paris/DL to avoid the weekend and finish up in London or if we should do it some other way.

Were you on a tour with others or on your own?
Yes it was a group tour of about 25 people from around the U.S., we all met at our hotel in London
Did you fly in to London and out of Paris?
Yes, all booked for us by AAA. Both non-stop.
We are huge Harry Potter fans as well and want to do the WB tour
Ours was a walking tour around London, which was fun! We discovered the WB studios tour a little too late to book, it fills up pretty early. I think it was sold out a couple of months in advance. There's a few tour companies in London that do bus transportation and tour packages.
Our Disney days were Thursday and Friday, not too crowded.
And I just remembered although the Eurostar was about 2 hours, there's also a 1 hour time difference.

Just did a 2 1/2 week trip to London/Paris in June/July with my husband and DD (14). We did it on our own. We enjoy going at our own pace and having options. It did take a bit of research and planning to help optimize our $.

Flew direct to LHR. Spend few days with a rental car to explore Windsor/Bath/Stonehenge areas. London for 6 days. Eurostar from london to Disneyland Paris (book as early as u can to get best price). 3 nights at Disneyland with 2 parks 2 days passes. Then took train to Paris for 5 days. Flew back home from CDG)

Most ppl recommend weekdays instead of weekends at Disney, but I went on a weekend. It just worked out better with our schedule/train passes/budget.

We had direct flight into London and 1 stop out of Paris. I prefer nonstops but I choose to do 1 stop instead of backtracking. (As it turned out, airline overbooked our return flight and we moved to a direct flight and got home 4 hr earlier then previously planned. Got lucky!)

I think the more important question for u is April or July. June/July was a bit too hot for us. No way for us to go in the spring because of DD school.

Just did a 2 1/2 week trip to London/Paris in June/July with my husband and DD (14). We did it on our own. We enjoy going at our own pace and having options. It did take a bit of research and planning to help optimize our $.

Flew direct to LHR. Spend few days with a rental car to explore Windsor/Bath/Stonehenge areas. London for 6 days. Eurostar from london to Disneyland Paris (book as early as u can to get best price). 3 nights at Disneyland with 2 parks 2 days passes. Then took train to Paris for 5 days. Flew back home from CDG)

Most ppl recommend weekdays instead of weekends at Disney, but I went on a weekend. It just worked out better with our schedule/train passes/budget.

We had direct flight into London and 1 stop out of Paris. I prefer nonstops but I choose to do 1 stop instead of backtracking. (As it turned out, airline overbooked our return flight and we moved to a direct flight and got home 4 hr earlier then previously planned. Got lucky!)

I think the more important question for u is April or July. June/July was a bit too hot for us. No way for us to go in the spring because of DD school.

Wow. Ditto on pretty much everything except we only did one day at DLP and have 2 kids (also our flight from CDG to LHR to AUS went smoothly). Just got home a few hours ago. We vastly, vastly preferred London to Paris, although DLP was fun.

I went on the website for Disneyland Paris and for the few days we think we might stay there it is giving us these hotel plus ticket packages that cost almost as much as our entire WDW trip. Is there somewhere we should look for cheaper rates at any of the Disneyland Paris hotels and for tickets? Should we just stay in Paris and take the train there and back for a few days?

Did you look at the Disneyland Hotel only or also the other the cheaper hotels onsite and the neighbour hotels?
Booking far in advance is not always the best option price-wise.
Check room-only options via trivago.com for example. Staying in Paris is always possible as a last resort.

Switching country on the website can sometimes also give better rates and offers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter