London / Paris Here We Come!!! 9/2 - 9/10/11

I've got the new BBC "Sherlock" series recorded to watch. London! Sherlock Holmes! I think I'm going to have to rent "Dr. Who". This could get really bad! If I start talking with a British accent at work, they may have me committed! ;)

It will probably color my re-watching of HP 7.1, too!

:yay: PARIS!!! :cool1: LONDON!!! :banana: DISNEYLAND PARIS!!! :dance3:

:cheer2:

Sayhello

Having just returned from a London honeymoon, I'd suggest those of you with iPhones (possibly others too, I don't know) get the free app "TubeMap" if you plan on using the London Underground. I pull it up once in a while just to check out, say, how the Bakerloo Line is running. Very handy. *Wistful sigh* I miss the UK. Prices? Not so much. ;)

Hooray for us! Add me to the list, please!

I am deliriously excited and happy about making this trip with all of you.

Having just returned from a London honeymoon, I'd suggest those of you with iPhones (possibly others too, I don't know) get the free app "TubeMap" if you plan on using the London Underground. I pull it up once in a while just to check out, say, how the Bakerloo Line is running. Very handy. *Wistful sigh* I miss the UK. Prices? Not so much. ;)

Apple Products:

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tube-map/id320969612?mt=8

Blackberry

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/3105

Android

chart

I've got the new BBC "Sherlock" series recorded to watch. London! Sherlock Holmes! I think I'm going to have to rent "Dr. Who". This could get really bad! If I start talking with a British accent at work, they may have me committed! ;)

It will probably color my re-watching of HP 7.1, too!

:yay: PARIS!!! :cool1: LONDON!!! :banana: DISNEYLAND PARIS!!! :dance3:

:cheer2:

Sayhello

You'll have to let us know how "Sherlock" is...it is on my list of shows to watch but have not gotten around to. I'm a huge Dr. Who fan. I've only watched the most recent Doctors though. I love me some David Tennant :love: I may have to go back and watch the earlier ones.

I don't know if this will help your crew or not but Jimmy Buffett plays Paris each September. We went this past September and it was amazing. 1500 people instead of 35 thousand.

We toured Europe and did go to DLP but ended up leaving and going back to Paris.

Enjoy the adventure.

The Dis is invading Europe!!!!

After much plotting, planning and help from ABD, we are headed to London, Paris and Disneyland Paris.

If you are interested in joining us in our "invasion", please drop me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

Adventurers List
Frank - skunkvette
Cathy
Jim
Linda
Jason - JWren1234
Karen - apurplebrat
Christy N. - Chropistopy
Micki - tardis1029
John - Micki's hubby
Mike - k5jmh
Christy H -MinnieGarden
Cynthia - Belle41379
Michael - Cynthia's Hubby
Tobi - SayHello
Pete - WebmasterPete
Walter - AkaScar
John - WebmasterJohn
Kevin - DisneyKevin

[B said:
Circusgirl;[/B]39029256]Hooray for us! Add me to the list, please!

I am so excited and happy about making this trip with all of you.

Ok - - - I'm so happy for all of my Podcast ABD 1.0 California buddies. I know all of you are going to have a great time. :grouphug:

Since we're not on the list, you can surmise that Dino and I won't be joining you ( this time anyway ). :sad1:

But - Dino and I will be taking the ABD Viva Italia trip September 22, 2011 :love:

So......... if any of you want to hang around Europe a "wee" bit longer, we'd love to have you come down to Italy and join us later in the month & for those of you that can't make the London/Paris trip -
Check with Kevin to see if you can book the Italy trip - I would love to know that there are some DISers on the trip :goodvibes

Ciao

Has anyone made decisions around arriving early? I'd like to at least arrive on the 1st to give myself time to adjust. I've been researching flights and am having the hardest time finding a flight that will get me to London on the 1st without having to leave on August 30th and layover somewhere for upwards of 18 or 19 hours. Anyone else researching flights? The prices for the flights have went up by ~$500 since I first started researching them when this trip was first spoken of on the podcast. :scared1:

Has anyone made decisions around arriving early? I'd like to at least arrive on the 1st to give myself time to adjust. I've been researching flights and am having the hardest time finding a flight that will get me to London on the 1st without having to leave on August 30th and layover somewhere for upwards of 18 or 19 hours. Anyone else researching flights? The prices for the flights have went up by ~$500 since I first started researching them when this trip was first spoken of on the podcast. :scared1:
I haven't started looking in earnest yet. But I'm actually planning on coming in several days early (like leaving here on the 27th). I was an exchange student in Winchester, England a LOOOOOOOONG time ago, and actually have never been back! So I plan to see some places like Winchester & Oxford, and hopefully meet up with an old friend or two before the tour. I'm not liking the airfares I'm seeing. :sad2: It's almost as much as my trip to the Med AND Israel last year! :eek:

Sayhello

I kind of want to wait until January to make my final decision surrounding what day to arrive and also wait to pay for my airfare. I'm scared that the prices may go up even more. I don't think that is going to matter though. I need to get through the Podcast cruise and Christmas. Only so much the pocketbook can take right now.

My mom Kaye and I are so excited for this trip.:cool1: We think we will try to arrive 1 or 2 days before. We haven't started to look at airfares yet, plan to wait till after the holidays. We leave in 9 days for WDW. We won't be on the podcast cruise :sad:

I have been looking at airfare and date combinations for quite a while. Fortunately, Mike and I live in Houston and Continental offers direct flights into both London and Paris. My thought is to get to London the day before the tour starts and we already know we will have to stay at least one day at the end due to flight times.

We are going on the podcast cruise, so if anyone else will be on the ship, Mike and I would love to meet you!

By the way..... We're going to Paris!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!